Carbon 29er Wheelset

PB Forum :: 29ers
Carbon 29er Wheelset
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
Hi Peeps

Looking at getting some new enduro rims, have been looking at the Raceface Next R and also the Raceface Turbine R,
Has anyone got one of these wheelsets and also what you think of them.Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 1:36 Quote
I have enve M60 29 for over 2 years and they have proved faultless,it’s very rocky where I ride with a lot of drops,I also have dt swiss xmc 1200 but in 27.5 they have also stood the test of time! I went for these purely in asthetics as There’s so much choice and I’m sure all manafactures would rectify a genuine fault under warranty, I also fancied the SantaCruz reserve wheel set since watching the Danny McAskill video where he Tries to destroy them but I have already made my purchase.

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
I love my M70/30 HV's almost fault proof, great warranty if ever any issues can't go wrong if you can afford them. I also recently purchased a set of We Are One composites Insider wheels built up to Onxy hubs for hald the price of a set of Enve's. Life time warranty and the best customer service around. Call and talk to Dustin.

https://www.weareonecomposites.com/

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
We Are One Composite

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 15:27 Quote
My recommendation is SC Reserve or WAO. Barring those, any brand that offers a lifetime warranty is the way to go.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 2:20 Quote
Carbon rims are a lot of money for a small gain in performance.

There are some great carbon rims being sold directly by Asian manufacturers. Smaller North American wheel companies just rebadge these - and not always the best models from the factories - so you might as well go straight to the source. I'm a big fan of Yishun, and Light Bicycle has recently started producing a premium line that doesn't require post-mold sanding (this is kind of a big deal with rims) and uses tougher, more elastic resins.

Ibis rims are a nice product at a reasonable price, especially the aluminum version. 5 mm spoke offset is the most I've seen and equalizes spoke tension nicely.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
I just purchased a wheel set from We Are One. Agent 29's built on Hope Pro 4 hubs. They even custom decal'd them with chrome red to mach my Evolve Alpha 29 frame. Amazing service and hand built in Kamloops. Ex Squamish resident is the owner!

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 18:40 Quote
it's worth checking out NOX, 3rd year now on a set of farlows

https://www.noxcomposites.com/

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012690
Mobile Version of Website