Norco Sight Riders Input

Previous Page |
Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
So I've started my search for a 'new to me' used bike. I haven't decided on anything particular yet but the Norco Sight is on my short list. It checks most of the boxes for me like price, components on the different levels, front and rear travel etc. I'm looking 2015 and up. Most reviews for the different models are very positive upon release...I'm looking for info, positive and negative, from people who still own, or have owned a Sight for a couple of years. Did you buy new or used? Has it been all you expected? Would you or are you planning on buying one again? Just some info on Sights that have been ridden for more than a 1 day test run.

Cheers, Brad

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
cooliom2fs wrote:
So I've started my search for a 'new to me' used bike. I haven't decided on anything particular yet but the Norco Sight is on my short list. It checks most of the boxes for me like price, components on the different levels, front and rear travel etc. I'm looking 2015 and up. Most reviews for the different models are very positive upon release...I'm looking for info, positive and negative, from people who still own, or have owned a Sight for a couple of years. Did you buy new or used? Has it been all you expected? Would you or are you planning on buying one again? Just some info on Sights that have been ridden for more than a 1 day test run.

Cheers, Brad

Owner of a 2018 Sight C3, bought new, more than I expected, would 100% buy it again.

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
jtm12090 wrote:
cooliom2fs wrote:

Cheers, Brad

Owner of a 2018 Sight C3, bought new, more than I expected, would 100% buy it again.

Good to know. Thanks.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 5:31 Quote
You got it, let me know if you have specific questions, not a ton of these bikes out there.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 7:12 Quote
jtm12090 wrote:
You got it, let me know if you have specific questions, not a ton of these bikes out there.

Cool! Thanks!

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 7:59 Quote
Hi, I bought a new 2018 Sight A3 last June to start riding mtb trails with friends, who have been riding since years. It's my first FS bike and my intended use was simple hometrail riding, but already after 1 week I ended up in La Bresse Bikepark where I was thrown into the cold water. So since then, the bike was ridden very often on all kind of trails, doing jumps (no big ones), went to bikepark Winterberg, and it survived 8 days of Finale Ligure this January.
I had the choice between the Sight and a Giant Trance 2 with better Specs for the same price but went with the Sight. It was more like a heart decision and I don't regret it.
I didn't have any expectations to the bike, but for now, what I can tell is that the Sight feels great!
It climbs well, descends well and it's playful. Haven't had any problems with it yet, all the components worked how they should work. But after having made a lot of progress riding, I'm now looking to upgrade the Revelation Fork and the brakes.
Would I buy it again? Definitely Yes! But a better equiped model... and not for the bikepark days, but that's self-explanatory.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
funkyfreshcharles wrote:
Hi, I bought a new 2018 Sight A3 last June to start riding mtb trails with friends, who have been riding since years. It's my first FS bike and my intended use was simple hometrail riding, but already after 1 week I ended up in La Bresse Bikepark where I was thrown into the cold water. So since then, the bike was ridden very often on all kind of trails, doing jumps (no big ones), went to bikepark Winterberg, and it survived 8 days of Finale Ligure this January.
I had the choice between the Sight and a Giant Trance 2 with better Specs for the same price but went with the Sight. It was more like a heart decision and I don't regret it.
I didn't have any expectations to the bike, but f9or now, what I can tell is that the Sight feels great!
It climbs well, descends well and it's playful. Haven't had any problems with it yet, all the components worked how they should work. But after having made a lot of progress riding, I'm now looking to upgrade the Revelation Fork and the brakes.
Would I buy it again? Definitely Yes! But a better equiped model... and not for the bikepark days, but that's self-explanatory.

Good to know. I've got my eye on an a1, and a2 and also a c3 and c4 . Thanks!

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
cooliom2fs wrote:
funkyfreshcharles wrote:
I didn't have any expectations to the bike, but f9or now, what I can tell is that the Sight feels great!

Good to know. I've got my eye on an a1, and a2 and also a c3 and c4 . Thanks!

Good point about why you went with the Sight also...I've never been on one, but there is just something about it that is very appealing.
Also, what size are you guys riding and how tall are you? I know height isn't final determining factor, but it's a starting point. I'm 5 10, and I'm looking at Large.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
6ft 32inch inseam, size large, ordered it without ever even seeing or riding one, based on the geo and the reviews I knew it was exactly what I wanted and I was not disappointed. Knowing your intentions for the bike would help to know if it is something you should look at or look elsewhere. Worth mentioning is that this is not my only bike.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
jtm12090 wrote:
6ft 32inch inseam, size large, ordered it without ever even seeing or riding one, based on the geo and the reviews I knew it was exactly what I wanted and I was not disappointed. Knowing your intentions for the bike would help to know if it is something you should look at or look elsewhere. Worth mentioning is that this is not my only bike.

Will be my only ride. Want something that handles the downs, but isnt a pig to pedal back up. My riding area is up, and then down for the most part. Not much flat. Not ridiculous climbing but steady vert gain. Want it to be able to handle the odd lift day or shuttle day at the park without worrying about destroying it. On the other hand, I still wanna have to 'ride ' it. I don't want something that is just going to float down the mountain. Thinking that is more what the Range is aimed at. Heavier descents.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
cooliom2fs wrote:
jtm12090 wrote:

Will be my only ride. Want something that handles the downs, but isnt a pig to pedal back up. My riding area is up, and then down for the most part. Not much flat. Not ridiculous climbing but steady vert gain. Want it to be able to handle the odd lift day or shuttle day at the park without worrying about destroying it. On the other hand, I still wanna have to 'ride ' it. I don't want something that is just going to float down the mountain. Thinking that is more what the Range is aimed at. Heavier descents.

Also want 27.5. Been on a couple of 29ers, not Norcos, but just not for me. Found they felt too big. Uncomfortable.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 12:19 Quote
Ok, worth noting is that I have the 29er, and I think you should change your stance on wheelsize because bikes have gotten a whole lot better. This is a bike that if you take it to a bike park, you will definitely feel like you are riding it, maybe holding on for dear life at times. Short travel trail bikes are quick, responsive, and blend efficient pedaling with some downhill capability. The downhill laps I have taken on my Sight require complete focus, the bike gets moving very quick and stays moving with the short travel in the rear, you will have no room for error with this bike if you make a mistake.

Any day spent on a lift, or in a shuttle, my Nomad or Furious comes with me. The Sight only gets ridden under my own power. I think you should get something with more travel if you plan to do lift or shuttle days, or deal with a small bike that will limit the trail you can ride. Having one bike means you need to compromise somewhere, what is more fun to you, climbing or descending?

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
I hear what you're saying, but I'm guessing my park days wouldn't be quite as extreme as yours. Haha. All my riding buddies hit the park once or twice a year and they're not riding huge travel bikes. A devinci troy, couple giant trances, a specialized enduro, or evo, can't remember and a kona process. A couple of them did the B.C
Enduro series the last couple of years.Mix of 27.5 and 29ers. I don't do the parks but I ride all the same other trails, up and down, as them. I know about having to hang on and pay attention as I'm on a 94 Stumpjumper m2fs, hard tail,26er that my bike mechanic buddy and I have 'modernized'. They're always blown away, and sometimes annoyed, how fast I get down the hill! That's why the Sight appealed to me, more of a middle of the road travel bike. I don't really have a stance on wheel size, I've just ridden all 3 and I like 27.5. I appreciate all the info your giving and asking for, keep it coming!

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
I'm 5ft 11in, size large and it's 27.5, feels perfect. For me, I really have to ride it and it doesn't just float down the mountain, but as already said, I'm still a beginner. Sometimes bikepark or shuttle use it handles well, but for regular bikepark visits the Sight's a category too small.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
funkyfreshcharles wrote:
I'm 5ft 11in, size large and it's 27.5, feels perfect. For me, I really have to ride it and it doesn't just float down the mountain, but as already said, I'm still a beginner. Sometimes bikepark or shuttle use it handles well, but for regular bikepark visits the Sight's a category too small.

My park visits would be maybe 1 or 2 a season, so my main area of concern would go to the trails I frequent regularly. Thanks for the input!

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017992
Mobile Version of Website