Norco Sight Riders Input

| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 15:40 Quote
cooliom2fs wrote:
I hear what you're saying, but I'm guessing my park days wouldn't be quite as extreme as yours. Haha. All my riding buddies hit the park once or twice a year and they're not riding huge travel bikes. A devinci troy, couple giant trances, a specialized enduro, or evo, can't remember and a kona process. A couple of them did the B.C
Enduro series the last couple of years.Mix of 27.5 and 29ers. I don't do the parks but I ride all the same other trails, up and down, as them. I know about having to hang on and pay attention as I'm on a 94 Stumpjumper m2fs, hard tail,26er that my bike mechanic buddy and I have 'modernized'. They're always blown away, and sometimes annoyed, how fast I get down the hill! That's why the Sight appealed to me, more of a middle of the road travel bike. I don't really have a stance on wheel size, I've just ridden all 3 and I like 27.5. I appreciate all the info your giving and asking for, keep it coming!

If you can, try both wheel sizes before you buy, even if you dont like it you will never wonder if you made the right call. Either way, the Sight is an amazing bike, and will get you down the mountain a few times a year albeat not quite at a race pace and is very fun to ride on mellower trails. Your right, I am a park rat turned trail rider to get more time on the bike, so I like something that I can really put the hurt on when I ride DH. If you do not have aspirations to push your dh game to some gnarlier or faster stuff it sounds like the Sight, in whatever wheel size you prefer, would be a good choice.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
jtm12090 wrote:
cooliom2fs wrote:
I hear what you're saying, but I'm guessing my park days wouldn't be quite as extreme as yours. Haha. All my riding buddies hit the park once or twice a year and they're not riding huge travel bikes. A devinci troy, couple giant trances, a specialized enduro, or evo, can't remember and a kona process. A couple of them did the B.C
Enduro series the last couple of years.Mix of 27.5 and 29ers. I don't do the parks but I ride all the same other trails, up and down, as them. I know about having to hang on and pay attention as I'm on a 94 Stumpjumper m2fs, hard tail,26er that my bike mechanic buddy and I have 'modernized'. They're always blown away, and sometimes annoyed, how fast I get down the hill! That's why the Sight appealed to me, more of a middle of the road travel bike. I don't really have a stance on wheel size, I've just ridden all 3 and I like 27.5. I appreciate all the info your giving and asking for, keep it coming!

If you can, try both wheel sizes before you buy, even if you dont like it you will never wonder if you made the right call. Either way, the Sight is an amazing bike, and will get you down the mountain a few times a year albeat not quite at a race pace and is very fun to ride on mellower trails. Your right, I am a park rat turned trail rider to get more time on the bike, so I like something that I can really put the hurt on when I ride DH. If you do not have aspirations to push your dh game to some gnarlier or faster stuff it sounds like the Sight, in whatever wheel size you prefer, would be a good choice.

Good advice. Put the hurt on...haha. I like that. Cheers!

Posted: Jan 31, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
Anyone with a 15 or 16 year model wanna weigh in?

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 0:34 Quote
cooliom2fs wrote:
Anyone with a 15 or 16 year model wanna weigh in?

Bump

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
cooliom2fs wrote:
cooliom2fs wrote:
Anyone with a 15 or 16 year model wanna weigh in?

Bump

I would guess you will not get much input from others, as I mentioned, there are not a lot of these out there compared to something like a stump jumper or a remedy. I have found very little feedback on the Sight with the exception of the industry reviews that are out there. I can say that if you can afford it go for the new generation, the improvements Norco made from the last gen really make the bike what it is, the older one really is a different bike entirely.

And because I think it just looks so good, here is mine out on Slickrock last year. Run it stock with the exception of the I9/Reserve wheelset.


Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
jtm12090 wrote:
cooliom2fs wrote:
cooliom2fs wrote:
Anyone with a 15 or 16 year model wanna weigh in?

Bump

I would guess you will not get much input from others, as I mentioned, there are not a lot of these out there compared to something like a stump jumper or a remedy. I have found very little feedback on the Sight with the exception of the industry reviews that are out there. I can say that if you can afford it go for the new generation, the improvements Norco made from the last gen really make the bike what it is, the older one really is a different bike entirely.

And because I think it just looks so good, here is mine out on Slickrock last year. Run it stock with the exception of the I9/Reserve wheelset.


I wish new was in the budget, but it just isn't. I'm hoping to get a 17 or 16 with a decent suspension and components package.
Bike looks good!

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021314
Mobile Version of Website