Devinci Riders?

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
Any devinci riders out there? not satisfied with my spartan so i was wondering how other devinci riders liked theirs.

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
My main riding buddy has 16 or 17 Carbon Troy, and he loves it. He finds it perfect for pretty much everything. Obviously different than the Spartan, but just some perspective for you.

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
Had a Dexter for a couple years that I loved. What is it you aren't digging about your Spartan?

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
ewikpark wrote:
Any devinci riders out there? not satisfied with my spartan so i was wondering how other devinci riders liked theirs.

What generation and model spartan?

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
I have a ‘17 carbon Spartan that is currently setup with a Vivid coil and 170 Lyrik, but I also have a 180 Boxxer WC that I sometimes run on it and still very happy with it.

What is wrong with yours, what don’t you like?

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
i still ride my Troy from 2014. love it so much. handles better than my previous bikes

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 7:32 Quote
I have a 2018+ Spartan carbon LTD. I love the bike except one thing, from time to time may hands tingle or slightly numb. The bike came with a Race Face Next R carbon 800mm bar. I'm wondering if they are too stiff or too wide. They're the widest bars I've ridden. I had a 2016 Spartan with a regular RF Next carbon 760mm bar. Curious if anyone thinks my problem is the extra width or the stiffness?

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
DevinciBanzai wrote:
I have a 2018+ Spartan carbon LTD. I love the bike except one thing, from time to time may hands tingle or slightly numb. The bike came with a Race Face Next R carbon 800mm bar. I'm wondering if they are too stiff or too wide. They're the widest bars I've ridden. I had a 2016 Spartan with a regular RF Next carbon 760mm bar. Curious if anyone thinks my problem is the extra width or the stiffness?

Try playing with rolling them back slightly. Also your seating position can play a big role on wrist/hand discomfort. I recommend playing with these things before deciding to cut your bars, unless you simply don't like the width.

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that first. I do like the width on my DH rides but XC in tight bush I find I clip trees more now for sure.

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
ewikpark wrote:

What generation and model spartan?

2017 Spartan GX

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 20:11 Quote
What don’t you like about it? I had a 2016 Spartan, Fox X2 coil. Bike rode great. My biggest complaint was that it felt too small for a medium. I just got an Insurgent. I think if I had a large instead of a medium I would still be riding it. Only one ride on the Insurgent so it’s hard to compare. The Insurgent is definitely longer, I got a large.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 21:22 Quote
thejake wrote:
What don’t you like about it? I had a 2016 Spartan, Fox X2 coil. Bike rode great. My biggest complaint was that it felt too small for a medium. I just got an Insurgent. I think if I had a large instead of a medium I would still be riding it. Only one ride on the Insurgent so it’s hard to compare. The Insurgent is definitely longer, I got a large.

It doesn't feel playful compared to my cannondale. But then again that bike has 120 mm of travel.

And it's pretty small for a medium.

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 6:45 Quote
ewikpark wrote:
thejake wrote:

It doesn't feel playful compared to my cannondale. But then again that bike has 120 mm of travel.

And it's pretty small for a medium.

Sounds like you bought the wrong bike (and wrong size) for your tastes.
Not the bikes fault.

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
I’ve owned 2 Troy’s, one Al and my current carbon Troy, it’s a ‘16 framed, ‘17 build kit. I really like both of my last two Troy’s.

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 23:47 Quote
I had a previous gen for a season of enduro racing and just tried the new 2019. It’s a super stiff race bike that isn’t really meant to be fun. It’s only job is to smash you to the bottom as fast as possible so if you don’t like that you bought the complete wrong bike.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019719
Mobile Version of Website