Germany question

PB Forum :: Europe
Germany question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
My family and I will be moving to Spangdahlem AB in April (for 4 yrs) and I'll be leaving my KTM behind to primarily ride my MTB. I currently ride a 2015 Trek Remedy 8, my question is... Would it be worth it to keep my Remedy and buy a downhill bike to ride parks? Or... Would a new nicer enduro bike serve me better?

I have rented downhill bikes numerous times and love riding park but I don't want to waste money if it's not realistic for me to be able to use it regularly. Also I'm always open to new riding friends and groups so if anyone here has experience please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Many thanks!
DP

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
Hey ya ! I live about an hour away from where you´ll be. I´ve been to that area a few times and I reckon a nicer enduro would suit most of the stuff you´ll find in the area. A lot of trails in our area are only accessible by riding up. I ride a trek slash and a capable trail bike. Thats basically all I need, even when going to the alps in austria, or italy or wherever. same goes for most of my friends.
this place is about a 40 minute drive from the airbase for example.
http://www.mtb-club-mehring.de/trailpark/
and there´s a lot of singletrack stuff in that area. though there are bikeparks around too.. lac blanc bike park in france is about three hours away. and there´s a bikepark planned to open soon in your area too.. I´d go with an anduroBeer

Posted: Feb 3, 2019 at 12:34 Quote
Thanks very much for the info! That is the way I was leaning. Looks like I'll be bringing my remedy and looking for a 160mm plus enduro.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007797
Mobile Version of Website