Nukeproof Horizon Wheels

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Horizon Wheels
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 2, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
Wondering if folks have any long term experience with these wheels, or at least a season of riding on them. They are on sale right now, but I'm a little worried about the hub from some reviews I've read. Anyone else want to give me their thoughts?

Posted: Feb 2, 2019 at 23:39 Quote
I have a set with the straightpull spokes in boost size. Taken everything I can throw at them so far but i rarely do anything big, mostly techy singletrack. Only thing I'm not happy about is the rear freehub has started to drag a bit, creating a fair bit of rolling resistance. In under a year I need to rebuild these as the bearings are also starting to feel rough. This might be normal but my last wheelset had a set of hope pro 2 hubs that had the same bearings in from new and that's over 10 years and still felt buttery smooth and solid as the day I bought them, in all that time I only had to replace 2 pawl springs. I just changed the rims over the years and kept the same hubs and changed the axles. So to be honest I'm a little disappointed in the horizon wheels but I'm comparing them to a pretty amazing experience with the hopes. I suppose if you get them cheap they should be worth it.

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
Apparently the newer ones have a better hub (source: CRC q/a)

I don't think anyone has run this new batch long term yet.

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
Mine are the newest ones

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 2:02 Quote
Rims are like cheese..managed to destroy my rear in about 3 months on my enduro.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009350
Mobile Version of Website