DB's new bike? I found some evidence.....

PB Forum :: Diamondback
DB's new bike? I found some evidence.....
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
I think this is DB's new bike for 2019, it came from a video posted 5 days ago on Vimeo.... O.o

Plus doesn't look like any of their current models. I think it is the new Release? They moved the shock mount to the downtube and it doesn't have the ugly triangle cutout where the seat tube meets the top tube.

Looks goooooodddddd!

Leaked Image of DB s new 2019 bike.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
Or a Mission? Ooh, so exciting! Big Grin And it's carbon

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
mtbikeaddict wrote:

If they used the release's rear end linkage then it could be a Mission but the rear linkage looks like a Release. I know they used to have the knucklebox system on their Missions but I bet they are getting rid of it then if this is the case Big Grin

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
Mike-Gambino wrote:
mtbikeaddict wrote:

If they used the release's rear end linkage then it could be a Mission but the rear linkage looks like a Release. I know they used to have the knucklebox system on their Missions but I bet they are getting rid of it then if this is the case Big Grin
Yeah that's true... DB says the new Release is coming soon, but who knows if it has major changes... they're also working on a new Mission this spring. Nice pic Camera

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
mtbikeaddict wrote:
Mike-Gambino wrote:
mtbikeaddict wrote:

Yeah that's true... DB says the new Release is coming soon, but who knows if it has major changes... they're also working on a new Mission this spring.

I think you're right, i mean the travel on the shocks (front and rear) seem pretty long, around 160+ and i doubt the release would be that. I'm jumping on it being the Mission!

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
Mike-Gambino wrote:
mtbikeaddict wrote:
Mike-Gambino wrote:

Yeah that's true... DB says the new Release is coming soon, but who knows if it has major changes... they're also working on a new Mission this spring.

I think you're right, i mean the travel on the shocks (front and rear) seem pretty long, around 160+ and i doubt the release would be that. I'm jumping on it being the Mission!
I hope so. That's why I guessed... 36 + X2, and looked long travel, but I could be wrong. Hope they make some affordable alloy models too... their 2017 Release/Mission models were killer, but the 18 Release changed spec and went up $200. Blank Stare
Edit: After further checking it appears there was actually a significant price drop between the last two years … I must have been remembering the sale price... but the Release 3 used to be Pike RCT3/Monarch Plus RC3 w/ XO1.

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 2:23 Quote
On another thread in here, a guy saw it at Stevens Pass back in Sept, and DB Twitter says a new bike will be unveiled at Sedona MTB Festival Fab

Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
mtbikeaddict wrote:
On another thread in here, a guy saw it at Stevens Pass back in Sept, and DB Twitter says a new bike will be unveiled at Sedona MTB Festival Fab

Which ended up being the Release 29er.

Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
everythingsucks wrote:
mtbikeaddict wrote:

The bike in that picture isn't the Release though. So we know there is still something out there! Smile

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 15:38 Quote
Mike-Gambino wrote:
everythingsucks wrote:
mtbikeaddict wrote:

The bike in that picture isn't the Release though. So we know there is still something out there! Smile

Oh definitely not, I'm excited to see what it is but it was the Release 29er that showed up at Sedona

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030320
Mobile Version of Website