Trailforks...a serious PITA!

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Trailforks...a serious PITA!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
Holy crap... I'm either missing something really obvious, or there are issues with the way trails are loaded onto this site. I was hoping to map out a loop, and then get a Garmin 520 Plus. There's a specific trail I want to add (HSL on Seymour) that has an uphill portion to get to the rest of the trails, and then a downhill portion to get to back to the car. Well when I try to select the uphill only part, as soon as I try to add the next trail, it automatically selects both the uphill AND the downhill portion...as if I'm riding both before I climb back up to the rest of the trails.

Second thing I noticed is when you click on certain trails to add, it also automatically selects other trails that are completely outside of the loop you're already planning. Just strange overall. I think I'll just keep using Trailforks as a reference only, and not bother doing anything with it.

edit. I think Trailsforks is just fubar'd when it comes to Seymour. It chooses trails that aren't open anymore and it chooses downhill trails automatically when I'm trying to climb the mountain. Ah well.

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 15:40 Quote
chrisrobin wrote:
Holy crap... I'm either missing something really obvious, or there are issues with the way trails are loaded onto this site. I was hoping to map out a loop, and then get a Garmin 520 Plus. There's a specific trail I want to add (HSL on Seymour) that has an uphill portion to get to the rest of the trails, and then a downhill portion to get to back to the car. Well when I try to select the uphill only part, as soon as I try to add the next trail, it automatically selects both the uphill AND the downhill portion...as if I'm riding both before I climb back up to the rest of the trails.

Second thing I noticed is when you click on certain trails to add, it also automatically selects other trails that are completely outside of the loop you're already planning. Just strange overall. I think I'll just keep using Trailforks as a reference only, and not bother doing anything with it.

edit. I think Trailsforks is just fubar'd when it comes to Seymour. It chooses trails that aren't open anymore and it chooses downhill trails automatically when I'm trying to climb the mountain. Ah well.

Wrong forum, there's a TF forum where the creator will help you.

That said, are you in Ride Planner? If so, choose the "by trail" not "point to point" or whatever mode. I was just able to select the uphill portion of HSL no problem. Create your rides on a computer and save them that way.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017643
Mobile Version of Website