Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 10:26 Quote
sq225917 wrote:
You boys are still masively overestimating the order volume and underestimating expenses.

Of what exactly.

If you've paid for the product but taken 100% from the customer where's all these costs?

You are alluding to frames that were delivered. How many actually were compared to the sums raised off at least two crowdfunders and various customers paying large sums up front.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
Trolls are not worth time and energy.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
Not sure if two out of the last three comments are at me. But to clarify.

F_ck sick.

However, I doubt they've sold more than 100 frames, I also suspect there really is no more than 20 outstanding frame orders unfulfilled.

They pissed the money away for sure, partly because they didn't have the economies of scale some might suspect they had from the way they talked themselves up, and because they were clueless about the real costs of running a business, shipping, fees, VAT, duty, storage, distribution, (expensive cranks, ad infinitum).

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 12:10 Quote
Well they've made over 30k on kickstarters alone so I don't know where you're trying to go with that.

And are you serious about the 20 orders?

And they haven't paid anybody at all. Can anyone find even one of their manufacturers that's been paid?

So all those things you listed as costs don't matter because THEY HAVENT BEEN PAID.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
Well they've made over 30k on kickstarters alone so I don't know where you're trying to go with that.

And are you serious about the 20 orders?

And they haven't paid anybody at all. Can anyone find even one of their manufacturers that's been paid?

So all those things you listed as costs don't matter because THEY HAVENT BEEN PAID.

FTW was paid for the frame on sicks most recent IG post.
IIRC Downland were paid for the initial run of frames, the issues were with warranty
I would have thought that any frames that have been received by owners have also been paid for.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
I have said the same as sq225917 myself and sacalobra comes back with his usual narrative of mastermind scamming, aliens, conspiracies to take over specialized and the government of Peru and the like......

Remember sq22917 has industry knowledge and understands just how the money can ‘dissapear’ and has listed some of the more obvious.

Just for perspective, Marino had 60 frames outstanding from two ‘drops’ that’s 4-6 months worth of frames, less than 4 frames a week sold.

If you are tragically incompetent, build demo bikes with expensive gear, have to refund £2k ti frames because they are junk and fail, mess up pricing structure and shipping costs, have to pay for warehousing and 3rd party shipping, etc etc it’s quite easy to see where the moneys gone, especially as the PayPal and card claims poured in.

Taking money from the business will show up on their accounts, anything illegal will get them in trouble, add to that the fact they STILL haven’t jacked it all in doesn’t really tot up to criminal masterminds, does it?

Again though, the only thing that matters is the outcome for customers owed money, so it is at least more promising that they haven’t just shut up shop, isn’t it? (Not that I can see a way out now but still)

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 0:03 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
I have said the same as sq225917 myself and sacalobra comes back with his usual narrative of mastermind scamming, aliens, conspiracies to take over specialized and the government of Peru and the like......

Remember sq22917 has industry knowledge and understands just how the money can ‘dissapear’ and has listed some of the more obvious.

Just for perspective, Marino had 60 frames outstanding from two ‘drops’ that’s 4-6 months worth of frames, less than 4 frames a week sold.

If you are tragically incompetent, build demo bikes with expensive gear, have to refund £2k ti frames because they are junk and fail, mess up pricing structure and shipping costs, have to pay for warehousing and 3rd party shipping, etc etc it’s quite easy to see where the moneys gone, especially as the PayPal and card claims poured in.

Taking money from the business will show up on their accounts, anything illegal will get them in trouble, add to that the fact they STILL haven’t jacked it all in doesn’t really tot up to criminal masterminds, does it?

Again though, the only thing that matters is the outcome for customers owed money, so it is at least more promising that they haven’t just shut up shop, isn’t it? (Not that I can see a way out now but still)

once again, I couldn't agree more.

Most of what is said in here with regards to their money, their intent, their game plan etc is all speculation as none of us actually know the truth.

And as you say, there are some folk here who have industry knowledge/common sense and there are some that have quite the wild imagination and like a good conspiracy theory..... but again, who is to say which one is correct.... as we just don't know.

Like you say, the only real justice that we want is those out of pocket to be reimbursed..... otherwise the sick crew can do whatever the heck they like!

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 0:24 Quote
Any of the characters 'jumping ship' funny that defence given and strange that they start up a bike company 'alone' with a launch date. Wonder if it'll have very similar premise and products.

Again strange coincidence that with a name change needed..

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 2:46 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
Any of the characters 'jumping ship' funny that defence given and strange that they start up a bike company 'alone' with a launch date. Wonder if it'll have very similar premise and products.

Again strange coincidence that with a name change needed..

Its quite hard to make any sense of what you have written but from what I can understand - Les has answered the question of why he left the company on instagram -1500hrs of unpaid work, he is taking his work elsewhere now so of course it will have similar products.

What co-incidence of a name change? Are you still banging on about that story Sick raised on instagram months ago that obviously had no real consequence and was just decent 'clickbait'? - Do you have any knowlege of business formation / company law in the UK at all - you do realise that simply changing a trading name doesnt absolve you of your responsiblitites, dont you?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 3:35 Quote
Its not hard to understand.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 4:18 Quote
sacalobra wrote:

It is when you read and write in English and occupy a headspace outside of wild conspiracy.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 5:03 Quote
That's your opinion. You are allowed it. However when your press your opinion on to me claiming wild conspiracy I feel the need to say back up alittle.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
sacalobra wrote:

Even I can understand what Hora has written.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 6:01 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
what Hora has written.

Makes sense now....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010098
Mobile Version of Website