Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Author Message
Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
what Hora has written.

Makes sense now....

That iirc was his username for stw.com before he started to attack someone with his fingers on the keyboard
;-d

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 11:58 Quote
Do people really think that they (sick) are some criminal mastermind set up who are getting rich from a scam?

Maybe to start with it seemed a bit like a scam but surely now at this point and after all that’s happened folk can see it’s just two people who should of never been allowed to start a business in the first place and have royally messed it up whilst not admitting it to either themselves or the outside world.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
Definitely not masterminds lmao.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
D8mok wrote:
Do people really think that they (sick) are some criminal mastermind set up who are getting rich from a scam?

Maybe to start with it seemed a bit like a scam but surely now at this point and after all that’s happened folk can see it’s just two people who should of never been allowed to start a business in the first place and have royally messed it up whilst not admitting it to either themselves or the outside world.
Nobody thinks they started out to scam so I don't know why that keeps getting thrown out there.
What they did do was lie be complete dicks and continue selling frames after it got all f*cked up.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 15:47 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
D8mok wrote:
Do people really think that they (sick) are some criminal mastermind set up who are getting rich from a scam?

Maybe to start with it seemed a bit like a scam but surely now at this point and after all that’s happened folk can see it’s just two people who should of never been allowed to start a business in the first place and have royally messed it up whilst not admitting it to either themselves or the outside world.
Nobody thinks they started out to scam so I don't know why that keeps getting thrown out there.
What they did do was lie be complete dicks and continue selling frames after it got all f*cked up.

And we still haven’t received a refund. One quick way to clear this up. Give people their money back...

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 20:02 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
I have said the same as sq225917 myself and sacalobra comes back with his usual narrative of mastermind scamming, aliens, conspiracies to take over specialized and the government of Peru and the like......

Remember sq22917 has industry knowledge and understands just how the money can ‘dissapear’ and has listed some of the more obvious.

Just for perspective, Marino had 60 frames outstanding from two ‘drops’ that’s 4-6 months worth of frames, less than 4 frames a week sold.

If you are tragically incompetent, build demo bikes with expensive gear, have to refund £2k ti frames because they are junk and fail, mess up pricing structure and shipping costs, have to pay for warehousing and 3rd party shipping, etc etc it’s quite easy to see where the moneys gone, especially as the PayPal and card claims poured in.

Taking money from the business will show up on their accounts, anything illegal will get them in trouble, add to that the fact they STILL haven’t jacked it all in doesn’t really tot up to criminal masterminds, does it?

Again though, the only thing that matters is the outcome for customers owed money, so it is at least more promising that they haven’t just shut up shop, isn’t it? (Not that I can see a way out now but still)

I have insider experience

They still have done more then just not delivery 20 frames. There’s what like 10 at least in this forum four others I know and at least two more I told about this forum to go read after seeing them comment on sick YouTube videos.

Sooo 16 there. Let alone others that ate the loss or are on other forums.

Beyond that expenses aren’t shit all as far as a business that actually takes the risks themselves. It’s pre order frames paid for up front. That’s the simplest f*cking business model ever. And they still try and sell frames they can’t even afford to actually pay for. Even after taking the money up front.

They clearly blew most of the f*cking money and are probably intending on doing the same. Bike industry isn’t that hard of a market to rip people off in. Sorta like the music industry.

FYI I know company owners distro managers and loads of people from the industry. This is more then just a lil f*ck up. They try to hide evidence of their shit show. If it wasn’t a scam they’d let the shit be out in the open. Looks less sketch that way even if it does lose a few barely knowledgeable customers. Who likely aren’t die hard s in the sport anyways. Meaning less likely to be repeat customers.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 20:13 Quote
D8mok wrote:
Do people really think that they (sick) are some criminal mastermind set up who are getting rich from a scam?

Maybe to start with it seemed a bit like a scam but surely now at this point and after all that’s happened folk can see it’s just two people who should of never been allowed to start a business in the first place and have royally messed it up whilst not admitting it to either themselves or the outside world.
no but people think they are hype train riders who had no clue what to do and are now trying to scam people out of their money via a better image then they should have and thus delay (best case scenario) someone’s products by a year or more or worst case scenario the company knows they have no way to recoup people and are already under and dying.

Who’s gonna buy from a dying company. They keep trying to draw in new sales instead of trying to draw in investors. They have also tried claiming on different sites they don’t have outstanding orders when talking to new potential clients.

They are lying in order to gain people’s money. This is literally a scam. Definition of it actually.

There’s a difference between a f*ck up and owning up to it and a f*ck up where you hide everything you can and keep trying to draw in money. They are selling shit they can’t even pay for after taking all the money up front.

They can’t afford to pay for the frames they order so they over sell and are trying to slowly work their money up and eventually get everything settled. But people not getting shit when they should and being lied to. Scam. Deliberately a scam.

Not masterminds. Just scam artists. And a bad marketing idiot who cares more about image via marketing vs image via quality.

Google dumble amps for guitars. Haven’t been marketed since the early 80s and then barely. Wonder why they are well enough known that they fetch up to 100k

At some point they knew they were going down hill and didn’t change anything. Clearly they think they can get out of this if it goes south. Even if they don’t necessarily want it to.

They act like they care but don’t. They act like shit changes but it doesn’t. Mastermind no. Scam artists and chronic liars hell yes.

They know what they are doing. Only a retard can do the same thing over and over and expect different results. People learn if they care. They change.

Like lol when was the last order of frames they ordered and paid for and delivered to every customer. Lol first run?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 22:17 Quote
Definitely a bunch of 'Swiss Tony's'

(for non UK readers a Swiss Tony is a comedy parody of a shady used car salesman.. Also no slight intended on the Swiss)

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 0:50 Quote
If it is a deliberate scam, they have no intention of carrying on and just want to run with ‘all the moneys’ then why has the company not been wound up yet with them walking away?

There is nothing to gain from trying to string it out if scamming is the intention - you would just get the money, take your dividends and run, ltd liability protecting directors, if anything what they are doing now is more risky to them personally - wrongful trading etc.

Why are they no longer refunding people, either the cash isn’t physically there or they have been advised not to as that would be applying a hierarchy to creditors which isn’t their decision to make if they are indeed winding up.

I don’t know why people can’t believe that running a business (usually people that have worked for someone else for their whole life) is actually quite difficult and if you are on their level of incompetence this situation is quite easily achievable - do they actually care though? that’s up for debate.

Either way again, I just hope people get their money back or at least some kind of product , I couldn’t give a shit what happens to Sick apart from me thinking the main directors should be struck off the company register, they have no place running a LTD company with the benefits of reduced liability, they want to run a business they should do it sole trader then see how they feel about it.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
Wowsers!

Is anyone else getting royally cheesed off with all this talk and fook all walk!?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Wowsers!

Is anyone else getting royally cheesed off with all this talk and fook all walk!?

Someone on Singletrack saw Jordan today at school sports day, sporting a Sick bikes T-shirt, doesnt sound like the actions of a man deliberately out to steal from people to me.....

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 7:29 Quote
Just sounds like a dude that had no clean laundry. That and he is probably still acting like Mr. Bike industry businessman around non bike events/people. Its not about "stealing" its about refunding the poor people out of pocket.
justanotherusername wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
Wowsers!

Is anyone else getting royally cheesed off with all this talk and fook all walk!?

Someone on Singletrack saw Jordan today at school sports day, sporting a Sick bikes T-shirt, doesnt sound like the actions of a man deliberately out to steal from people to me.....

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 7:37 Quote
BrantleyB wrote:
reverend27 wrote:
D8mok wrote:
Do people really think that they (sick) are some criminal mastermind set up who are getting rich from a scam?

Maybe to start with it seemed a bit like a scam but surely now at this point and after all that’s happened folk can see it’s just two people who should of never been allowed to start a business in the first place and have royally messed it up whilst not admitting it to either themselves or the outside world.
Nobody thinks they started out to scam so I don't know why that keeps getting thrown out there.
What they did do was lie be complete dicks and continue selling frames after it got all f*cked up.

And we still haven’t received a refund. One quick way to clear this up. Give people their money back...

Yes.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
Radley-Shreddington wrote:
Just sounds like a dude that had no clean laundry. That and he is probably still acting like Mr. Bike industry businessman around non bike events/people. Its not about "stealing" its about refunding the poor people out of pocket.
justanotherusername wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
Wowsers!

Is anyone else getting royally cheesed off with all this talk and fook all walk!?

Someone on Singletrack saw Jordan today at school sports day, sporting a Sick bikes T-shirt, doesnt sound like the actions of a man deliberately out to steal from people to me.....

Yea course, a 'dude' with no clean laundry always chooses the t-shirt with the company name that the mentals on the internet say is a cleverly thought out scam to theive from people, thats exactly what you would do....

You cant refund people if: A - you dont have the money to do so or B - have been told not to as that would get you in legal trouble (its not up to a director to assign the order in which creditors are paid if they are in finanical trouble)

Sacalobra / Hora - you seem to have a similar complete lack of knowlege regarding the operations of a LTD company and realistic business expense which is why you keep just adding up 8 months of sales and assuming that there isnt a single penny of costs involved, shows booked, demo bikes built, trips to america paid and many, many refunds alread made, all alongisde absolutely huge miss-management.

I notice you have now edited your post to remove your basic maths made without any basis in fact at all.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 7:54 Quote
I know how a LTD company works. Usually it involves investing money in stock which has huge risks.

Gaining 100% up front before you buy the stock is an ideal scenario.
My edit was simple - there's talk of not ripping off etc yet there's Brantley saying where's our money? Quoting his question hilights people without their money


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015487
Mobile Version of Website