Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 1:39 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
So, Justin, what have you done that the OP hasn’t? Seems odd that they will refund you, knowing that you aren’t likely to turn up on their doorstep, but not the OP who is UK based and threatening legal action. Only thing I can think of is that they actually have to cash to refund you in full, but maybe not OP.

The refund I'm waiting is double if not more that to what Justin is waiting on. Judging by their books the cash flow isn't that great and refunding my money would put big strain on the business. I'd think if they to refund everyone the sick bicycle Co would be no more...

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 1:58 Quote
It would surprise me if anyone got their money back.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 2:19 Quote
From the perspective of having run a small business years ago I understand fully the difficulty of keeping on top of cashflow and the pre-sale model Sick use make this even more challenging.

I have said before that I am not a fan of Sick but wish absolutely no ill upon them, unless of course they are proven to have acted with malice towards their customers rather than just showing ineptitude in business but this looks like a dangerous position for those owed money.

What is particularly worrying is that Sick are posting photos of part-finished frames on social media now, assuming these are in Peru or the far east etc and not completed they could still be a month away from being in the customers hands, maybe more yet they are pre-selling frames on their website for 1st May delivery.

Being realistic, in order for the customer to have their frames by the 1st of May, the current part-finished frames would need to be theirs, arriving the last few weeks of April, going out to customers early May.

The other issue is, the pre-order isn't closed, so how could Sick have even made the frame order? They wont put their order in to the manufacturer until the all of the orders (so colours, sizes model types) have been collected, surely.

All of this seems very unfair to customers with orders outstanding, I just hope you guys get your money back or your frames and to the guys at Sick - there are 4 of you, all working adults - put your asses on the line ,go to the bank, get a loan each and stick some decent capital into the business, cut the pre-orders, stock the frames and potentially go on to succeed - Its what everyone else with a small business has to do, get with the real world.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 2:24 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
So, Justin, what have you done that the OP hasn’t? Seems odd that they will refund you, knowing that you aren’t likely to turn up on their doorstep, but not the OP who is UK based and threatening legal action. Only thing I can think of is that they actually have to cash to refund you in full, but maybe not OP.
No idea sorry. I don't actually have the money yet.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 2:56 Quote
IntoTheEverflow wrote:

They wouldn't want to go down that road.. Things can get ugly pretty quickly..

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 3:49 Quote
dinde wrote:
IntoTheEverflow wrote:

Are you just having your request for a refund completely ignored then? No communication at all?

At this point I would be looking to take a trip to see Sick and discuss just what is going on (at the tattoo shop or London show if they attend etc) - Not in any way in an aggressive manner might I add but if you are not getting an answer then surely this is the only way, aside from legal action of course.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 5:43 Quote
Looks like afew people might be taking that trip to London this weekend then.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 5:46 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
dinde wrote:
IntoTheEverflow wrote:

Are you just having your request for a refund completely ignored then? No communication at all?

At this point I would be looking to take a trip to see Sick and discuss just what is going on (at the tattoo shop or London show if they attend etc) - Not in any way in an aggressive manner might I add but if you are not getting an answer then surely this is the only way, aside from legal action of course.

James has acknowledged my request for refund. Said it's been forwarded on to who deals with it. Nothing happened since and it has been months.
I'm filing legal proceedings against them.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
Pyramid scheme.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 6:19 Quote
dinde wrote:
dinde wrote:

James has acknowledged my request for refund. Said it's been forwarded on to who deals with it. Nothing happened since and it has been months.
I'm filing legal proceedings against them.

Worth sending them another email with advice that if they don't respond / refund then you are proceeding with legal action or as far as you are concerned have they now missed the boat?

Is it possible that they are organised so badly that James hasn't communicated the situation correctly?

Really odd situation here, the excuse that there is too much work for the people involved surely cant be the case - 4 directors and customer services staff and all manufacturing and almost all shipping outsourced doesn't leave so much work you cant communicate with a customer who is willing to take legal action just to get his money back.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 6:57 Quote
Is it possible that they are organised so badly that James hasn't communicated the situation correctly?

Are you serious?

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 7:07 Quote
IntoTheEverflow wrote:

Are you serious?

Realistically, probably not, it is hard to think this could seriously be the case. I am just trying to work out just how people get to a place where they have the front to continue to push product on social media and offer it for pre-sale all alongside completely ignoring customers request for a refund months after they have not received a thing.

Its not a pyramid scheme as somebody has said, it can only be pure incompetence or plain narcissism.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
IntoTheEverflow wrote:

Are you serious?

According to a mate, the total incompetence by James is unreal, ether that or they're blaming him for lack of communication.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 8:09 Quote
IntoTheEverflow wrote:

Are you serious?

Realistically, probably not, it is hard to think this could seriously be the case. I am just trying to work out just how people get to a place where they have the front to continue to push product on social media and offer it for pre-sale all alongside completely ignoring customers request for a refund months after they have not received a thing.

Its not a pyramid scheme as somebody has said, it can only be pure incompetence or plain narcissism.

It’s totally possible that’s incompetence, that lot at sick couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 16:28 Quote
When Sick first arrived on the scene I was really interested in picking up a frame. They had some cool limited runs of UK built frames and some interesting ideas behind them.

In their current condition I'm having a hard time understanding why the demand is still there for these frames... someone posted a link to their crazy long slack £2000+ ti full sus frame advertised on a Taiwanese website (catalogue frame) a few weeks ago for considerably less money and couldn't help but wonder how they could mark the price up so much without really doing much to redesign it. It actually really put me off of them.

Its now common knowledge that Marino is their go-to guy for the majority of their frames. I own a Marino and I'm extremely satisfied with his work. I simply don't get why people choose to buy from Sick rather than have Marino build them a custom frame for a lot less money... A LOT LESS MONEY (and also support a man who actually works his craft).

For the prices Sick are asking they should revert back to limited runs of UK built frames... The BTR boys have been around for years and still stick to their quality / customer service over quantity ethos.

Sick seem to be a company that have big plans but are simply trying to grow too fast.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017110
Mobile Version of Website