Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 23:23 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Have they vanished ?

Seems like sick magic if they have

Goes off to check interpol...

Edit) yes they are living it up in Costa Del Sol

No change or update since the last insta post. Website still there with stuff for sale and Insta still up. Twitter and FB are dead but that predated the last knockings anyway

Sick may reappear under new management...but I would have thought brand is dead (you wouldn't trust them would you!).

Just hope the people who are owed get their money..but in all likelihood the money is gone - badly managed and/or pissed up the wall. You can't get what's not there :-(

I wonder how many outstanding orders there still are? (As well as the Sleipner and Gnarpoon money)

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 23:40 Quote
To return under new management the company would still need to honour its debts and as you say, you can’t take what isn’t there.

The crowd fund stuff is particularly bad I think, they started a second crowd fund after not supplying the first (didn’t even get close to making them) and the media got behind advertising them too, they crowd funded through indigogo and not Kickstarter as it allows for projects without working prototypes to be pitched.

I mean, who tries to sell frames to the public without having ever even made a single one for basic testing? That in itself shows the attitude of disrespect for the customer.

As the money handed over in the crowd fund is a ‘pledge’ the people involved are completely done (not that everyone else isn’t) unless they paid them back separately.

I would never touch a crowd fund unless there was a working prototype and the people behind it were established and trusted.

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 21:58 Quote
Their customer 'service' email from their website is now bouncing back too.

Still haven't received my refund.

Still not returning my multiple emails.

Have kept a level head the entire time, but now is really starting to f*ck me off.

Anyone else had any updates?

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 5:33 Quote
I'm in the process of building some frames for someone now ,how about a magic marketing plan publicity stunt that if we have any materials left over I knock up some one offs and flog em at a tax write off loss

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
What would be amazing is if they could be custom built for some of those who've lost out in this debacle (assuming they're interested).

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 1:07 Quote
So, the Saga Continues...

I posted on behalf of a friend earlier in this thread...

He ordered an Anniversary Gen 1 Gnarcissist in Pink around May last year, he much like the rest of you peeps, he hadn't received it. He constantly asked Sick Co for the whereabouts of his bike and was feed many excuses, until he found it on one of the Sick Co Facebook groups, where someone had claimed they bought it from someone for a friend.
He contacted Sick Co, who claimed that it had been stolen from the warehouse.
Sick Co, said it was all in hand and he had nothing to worry about...

Until, I was sat at the pub and low and behold, what pops up on ebay? His frame!!
He contacted Sick again, this time the police were involved.
Again, Sick said he had nothing to worry about and it was all it in hand.

A few months passed, Sick went a tad quiet. He decided to get in contact with Sick and the frame was sat ready and waiting to be picked up and sent back to the painters as it had some shipping damaged. Again, more lies fed to him.

Now, this is where, I personally think it gets really interesting.

My friend, went and collected a frame from the Sick co painter and we all assumed, at long last, he had his Sick Co frame (Although, still waiting on a ruby wull).
Until this evening, he found another Sick Co Gnar in Pink on Facebook Market Place.

He contaced the seller, who claims they bought it in a "Lost in Transit" auction.

We're still trying to do a bit of digging but we've worked out so far that Sick Co couldn't provide any proof the frame was theirs when it was stolen from the warehouse, thus the police couldn't do anything or at least that's what we think. I mean sick could've done nothing and just provided my friend with another frame.

I'll update as and when I can.

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 1:27 Quote
I had actually forgotten about this entire debacle.

gutted for your mate, hopefully something good comes of it.

Has anyone else heard anything, or those who have taken them to court?

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 1:39 Quote
Any news on the company name change or similar business coming out of that area?

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 3:18 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
Any news on the company name change or similar business coming out of that area?

we know of no company name change, that's total speculation by a handful of folk.

we know of no business occurring with sick bikes.

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 23:40 Quote
sacalobra wrote:

Yes, they are changing their name to sacalobra bikes after being inspired by your vision that by doing so their business will rise from the ashes, all debt will be gone and nobody will remember who they are and that they still owe 30+ people frames and god knows how many people parts / T-shirt’s.

Nah, been through this many times have we not?, a name change won’t do shit (please google company law just for 5 mins) . I can see them being dissolved within a year.

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 0:13 Quote
Last years accounts are due in a couple of months, iirc if they don’t materialise, you get struck off Companies House. As happened to one of their previous businesses, blaq mass IIRC

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 0:44 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Last years accounts are due in a couple of months, iirc if they don’t materialise, you get struck off Companies House. As happened to one of their previous businesses, blaq mass IIRC

I’m not 100% sure but I would expect them to have to file accounts of some kind unless they declare the company insolvent.

Being realistic though, they won’t do any of it, that’s what the accountant is there for so it will be done ‘properly’ I imagine to keep them out of the shit, it’s not his first rodeo anyway as you say.

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
The only thing I don't quite understand and I find quite sad but infuriating tbh, is the fact that neither @Pinkbike or Singletrack, after their first attempt months ago, haven't follow this up to try and help all the people who got stung?!
Surely a bit more helpful than another crap review of another crap/same product we don't actually need.

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
It’s not stw or pbs responsibility though is it

Plus they don’t want hassle with libel and all that jazz

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
The only thing I don't quite understand and I find quite sad but infuriating tbh, is the fact that neither @Pinkbike or Singletrack, after their first attempt months ago, haven't follow this up to try and help all the people who got stung?!
Surely a bit more helpful than another crap review of another crap/same product we don't actually need.
Agree 100% pinkbike gave them a platform to draw in more suckers multiple times and have yet to show any responsibility.

They know what happened it's a choice they've made to stick their head in the sand.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011103
Mobile Version of Website