Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
For those of you who got screwed over by Sick, it's worth mentioning that Brant of On One posted this in the thread on Singletrack:
Brant wrote:
If anyone’s actually paid money for one of these and not had a refund we’d happily see what we can do to sort things out....

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/unhappy-sick-bicycles-customers-beware/page/44/

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
Well this backs up what I was saying, Jordan etc had no intention of stealing from customers, the Taiwan order was real, Marino order real, etc etc - this has ended up being theft due to ineptitude and complete lack of respect for customers.

What I can’t comprehend is just how they thought they were ever going to be able to pay for any of it? I assume they thought they could outrun the shitstorm with new pre-orders and eventually things would work out. Immense incompetence and lack of care for other people’s money.

Again I feel sorry for the people that are owed frames while another manufacturer sells them cheap to new customers.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 0:07 Quote
The Marino order was definitely real - they sent me a spare Sick axle with my (non-Sick) Marino frame lol

Marino frame - extras P

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 1:23 Quote
Its just complete idiocy, arrogance and ineptitude on the owners part. They tried to run before they could even crawl. Basically working on a pyramid style scheme to pay outstanding invoices it would seem. Hence the constant "drops" Need more money, announce a preorder drop to help cover the previous invoice. Which may work in some instances, but as with any house of cards, one fart and the whole shit falls down. Its hardly a surprise when they are buying "10 sets" of Ewing cranks, Stupid elastomer grips at £100 a pop, 3 spoke carbon wheels, expensive trade shows etc. etc. etc.

Whats a shame is the way they have dealt with this, rather than holding their hands up and trying to work a way through this they tried to argue, blame others and lie. Then like other bullies and charlatans when they eventually got caught out they ran and hid.

Such a shame as with a little control and business acumen they could of been on to a good thing. Sadly people have been financially robbed, i suspect Sick owners have walked away with nothing really to show for it other than some memories of the 12 months they almost owned a bike company.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 2:21 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
https://singletrackworld.com/2019/09/big-pile-of-sick-landing-at-on-one/

Guess there were taiwanese frames after all...

...and that's the final nail in the coffin I reckon.

So that's confirmed then. Taken a load of money off customers and left innocent members of the public and a manufacturer without anything.

I'd be interested to see if anyone can explain it all away with reasons why they didn't pocket the money.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 2:25 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

So that's confirmed then. Taken a load of money off customers and left innocent members of the public and a manufacturer without anything.

I'd be interested to see if anyone can explain it all away with reasons why they didn't pocket the money.

why who didn't pocket the money?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 2:49 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

Russyh is bang on with that - that's the reality here,

Pocket what money? - They obviously didn't want the company to fail, in your fantasy this Taiwanese order wouldn't have existed as it was made-up to scam more cash but that's not true, is it? They probably paid a deposit on this order, 30% maybe? That's a good chunk of cash.

Though I am sure they paid for far too many fancy bike parts (ti cranks etc), paid for bike shows and trips to the USA etc with customer money, I very very much doubt they will have taken any sum of money from the company that would make this whole shitfight worthwhile, if any money at all.

Running a business is hard and if you pre-order everything and don't cost anything correctly its also difficult to make a profit, these lot also didn't really give two shits, they were irresponsible with other peoples money - they kept telling everyone 'no loans. no investors' - of course not, they use pre-order cash instead.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 3:18 Quote
bigquotesThey probably paid a deposit on this order, 30% maybe? That's a good chunk of cash.

They didn't pay a deposit because my friend considered I had vouched for them. Jordan and Co certainly let me down too as my mate was a bit disappointed when it came time to pay for the frames, they went into hiding.

Happily, I have got Dave at Planet X to purchase the frames so we can get my friend out of this situation and sell these great frames that Calvin has made to his usual high specification - he works with a number of very cool global brands.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:04 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
sacalobra wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

Russyh is bang on with that - that's the reality here,

Pocket what money? - They obviously didn't want the company to fail, in your fantasy this Taiwanese order wouldn't have existed as it was made-up to scam more cash but that's not true, is it? They probably paid a deposit on this order, 30% maybe? That's a good chunk of cash.

Though I am sure they paid for far too many fancy bike parts (ti cranks etc), paid for bike shows and trips to the USA etc with customer money, I very very much doubt they will have taken any sum of money from the company that would make this whole shitfight worthwhile, if any money at all.

Running a business is hard and if you pre-order everything and don't cost anything correctly its also difficult to make a profit, these lot also didn't really give two shits, they were irresponsible with other peoples money - they kept telling everyone 'no loans. no investors' - of course not, they use pre-order cash instead.
Nonsense there's no fantasy they took money for frames and spent it on themselves.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:10 Quote
shedfire wrote:
bigquotesThey probably paid a deposit on this order, 30% maybe? That's a good chunk of cash.

They didn't pay a deposit because my friend considered I had vouched for them. Jordan and Co certainly let me down too as my mate was a bit disappointed when it came time to pay for the frames, they went into hiding.

Happily, I have got Dave at Planet X to purchase the frames so we can get my friend out of this situation and sell these great frames that Calvin has made to his usual high specification - he works with a number of very cool global brands.

what a shitstorm!

have you had any dealings or communication with Sick since this catastrophe? (assuming you can say)

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
bigquoteshave you had any dealings or communication with Sick since this catastrophe? (assuming you can say)

I certainly had a few texts off Jordan last night LOL.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 6:12 Quote
shedfire wrote:
bigquoteshave you had any dealings or communication with Sick since this catastrophe? (assuming you can say)

Did he want to fight you?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
shedfire wrote:

Brant if they were abusive? I'd consider reporting them.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
bigquotesBrant if they were abusive? I'd consider reporting them.

lol

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 7:11 Quote
shedfire wrote:

Hope you ignored his txts, like he does with everyone else.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008353
Mobile Version of Website