Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
shedfire wrote:
bigquotesBrant if they were abusive? I'd consider reporting them.

lol
Lucky you. You are talking to the guy everyone wants to talk to.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
shedfire wrote:
bigquotesBrant if they were abusive? I'd consider reporting them.

lol

I think the public shaming they are getting is better than any slap on the wrist for an angry text.

One thing I hate about this is that people like you are now less likely to help new companies and customers less likely to deal with new companies after being shown what a shower of shit some people can bring down on themselves and others.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
shedfire wrote:
[QUOTE]

I certainly had a few texts off Jordan last night LOL.

Honestly how could Jordan expect anything else.
I remember him trying to discredit marino when they came out publicly also.
It's simple Jordan pay your bills this stuff dosent happen.

Funny how he can text you, yet not reply to the companies and customers he owes money to.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
Yes but it goes back how they spoke to customers and prospective customers when they were taking orders. Some of the replies were shocking. Really vindictive and you could read them as having no interest in a customer, just their money.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
Yes but it goes back how they spoke to customers and prospective customers when they were taking orders. Some of the replies were shocking. Really vindictive and you could read them as having no interest in a customer, just their money.

Fair point, though I think in honesty he saw that as a selling point - their customers / fanboys openly supported the behaviour and even got involved, there was also the dirt article who published the ‘we will fight you’ line.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 15:43 Quote
I simply still cannot get my head around why people trusted sick founders to hand over hard earned

Might aswell have had a btr or curtis built frame which is far superior without sketchy welds and questionable paint work

Brant- it’s good to see you riding out the storm and you always were a decent chap

One loyal onone original ss dn 6 inbred, geared altho chainsuck issues and dirty harry frame user

Tell me something Brant Brant Brant ;-)

The newww shoes - how much & when available?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
I simply still cannot get my head around why people trusted sick founders to hand over hard earned

Might aswell have had a btr or curtis built frame which is far superior without sketchy welds and questionable paint work

Brant- it’s good to see you riding out the storm and you always were a decent chap

One loyal onone original ss dn 6 inbred, geared altho chainsuck issues and dirty harry frame user

Tell me something Brant Brant Brant ;-)

The newww shoes - how much & when available?

They started with cheap(ish) Ti frames, which drew attention, spouted some bollocks about working on a ‘what it costs us, plus as small a margin as possible’ model and how their model was better than everyone. By riders, for riders etc and made critics look foolish (do you REALLY think we haven’t tested them?!? Lol!!!. Turns out they hadn’t...) and frames did turn up to begin with. Then they started paying for shows, EEwings and the lifestyle, and stopped paying for frames....

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 16:06 Quote
Yes but a lil research from perspective buyers woulda gone a long way to avoiding this mess

I mean I wouldn’t go dumping a shed load of dollar from a no history bike brand that obvs seemed at early stages a bit dodgy

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 16:07 Quote
Yes I figured that the owners of sick spunked it on eewings and fancy fanny yeasted beer

Crooks obvs and riders yeaaaaah right
The ones that if ever seen riding will get a pastin

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
The folk who were actually making the frames had a decent rep though, still do, customers didn’t/couldn't know that sick were just a reseller, plus articles in mags were of the pair of them in workshops, looking like they knew what they were doing. That plus they were media darlings, in the beginning mags were falling over themselves to interview them as they were exciting and edgy. The way they spoke about how broken the bike industry was, how companies were mugging riders off appealed to a lot of people, presuming that because they knew what was wrong with the industry, they knew how to fix it. I guess a lot of people projected their own ideas on what they were. If you go back and read those interviews now, with the benefit of hindsight they’ve basically spelled out the the reader that they were idiots, but people just took that as bantz, thinking they were being sarcastic, assuming they were bike designing geniuses that had started something no one else had thought of (all they did was go to an extreme, ‘don’t get it? **** of it’s not for you’). Rather than just entrepreneurs who exploit fashion/trend led markets (T-shirt’s, tattoos, bikes, vegan food) for a fast buck, with little regard to who they screw over when the gravy train runs out of steam/they get bored. The reason the bike business has created such a storm is because while you’d be pissed off if you lost money on a T-shirt, you aren’t likely to go to court over the money. Different story when it’s a £2k frame.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 17:46 Quote
Hmmmmm sucks donkey balls that’s fosho

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 2:16 Quote
Are we going to offer up some names for the On One bike? I'll start:

On One Blaq Mess
On One Sick Note
On One Tits Up

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 2:36 Quote
On One Barf was my idea, but someone on STW also had it.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 2:46 Quote
On one Phoenix

On one ST

On one scam

On one bilious

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 2:55 Quote
Just figure out which of the zillion Sick frames they were meant to be, and then just use those names. I seem to recall Sick being down with not trademarking names or whatever so I assume they'd be cool with it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007779
Mobile Version of Website