Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 3:36 Quote
I've heard similar stories from a bike shop in the area, maybe it's the same one.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 4:10 Quote
metaam wrote:
I've heard similar stories from a bike shop in the area, maybe it's the same one.

most likely.

There was also one in Brighton that they started to get involved with, but it didn't appear to go anywhere.... thankfully!

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 4:27 Quote
I had to Google what a Eewing was. I can't be the only one?!

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 4:34 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
metaam wrote:
Does anyone here actually know for sure that they paid for the eewings, carbon wheels etc. From the way they've treated their customers and from what I've seen and heard about their attitude towards suppliers, I'd be quite surprised if they parted with any money for these items.

Oh and thanks for that little tale antitrust, I needed a good laugh.

I know of one local bike shop who put them in contact with a few suppliers, and word is they didn't pay for certain things/mugged the suppliers off.

No idea which ones and for which products. And needless to say the bike shop washed their hands of Sick.

I would guess that a supplier who didn't get paid for 10 sets of eewings would persue it further tho.

I still cannot fathom why someone has come to Worthing and given them a slap. Or at least confronted them.

If your in Worthing? well then go on.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
PHILXX1975 wrote:
v7fmp wrote:
metaam wrote:
Does anyone here actually know for sure that they paid for the eewings, carbon wheels etc. From the way they've treated their customers and from what I've seen and heard about their attitude towards suppliers, I'd be quite surprised if they parted with any money for these items.

Oh and thanks for that little tale antitrust, I needed a good laugh.

I know of one local bike shop who put them in contact with a few suppliers, and word is they didn't pay for certain things/mugged the suppliers off.

No idea which ones and for which products. And needless to say the bike shop washed their hands of Sick.

I would guess that a supplier who didn't get paid for 10 sets of eewings would persue it further tho.

I still cannot fathom why someone has come to Worthing and given them a slap. Or at least confronted them.

If your in Worthing? well then go on.

They owe me nothing, Otherwise I would have done.

If I do ever see them out, and the opportunity arises, I do intend on asking them what the score is.

I am no internet (or real life) hardman, so I wont pretend to be. But if I was out of pocket as so many are, I would definitely come and see them to try and resolve the issue.

As I mentioned in this thread previously, I was out of pocket from someone supplying me a shell for a car many moons ago, the company was around 3 hours drive away. I had planned to pay them a visit, but luckily the Courts got hold of them first and I got most of my money back.

But I obviously understand that some folk aren't interested in tracking them down, or don't have the time or funds. Unless of course that's why there is no word from them..... as someone has 'done a job on them'..... I jest! lol

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 5:39 Quote
I do understand the motivation behind 'tracking them down' and confronting 'them' but people really need to think about the situation here, this just doesn't seem to sink in to many people on here - Jordan, Tim etc are directors of the LTD company that is Sick Bicycles - Personally they don't owe anyone anything, not a penny, not unless you manage to achieve this via legal means.

Sick, the company owe you money, go and confront a director about it, they will either tell you where to go or maybe call the police - Give them a 'slap' and well you have just handed someone like them a gift, they love the underdog / we are being treated badly narrative and that would play right into it, including getting whatever idiot did it a criminal record, worth it?

You want to 'get back' at Sick, get together and crowd fund a winding up petition against them / do what a poster suggested a few replies back and reject any strike-off action. - It might help stop them from doing this to someone else in the future.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
I had to Google what a Eewing was. I can't be the only one?!

Get with the times darrrrjeeling its the rage and all the rich kids want need have them ;-d

Soon to include myself on this list

:-D

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 6:08 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
I do understand the motivation behind 'tracking them down' and confronting 'them' but people really need to think about the situation here, this just doesn't seem to sink in to many people on here - Jordan, Tim etc are directors of the LTD company that is Sick Bicycles - Personally they don't owe anyone anything, not a penny, not unless you manage to achieve this via legal means.

Sick, the company owe you money, go and confront a director about it, they will either tell you where to go or maybe call the police - Give them a 'slap' and well you have just handed someone like them a gift, they love the underdog / we are being treated badly narrative and that would play right into it, including getting whatever idiot did it a criminal record, worth it?

You want to 'get back' at Sick, get together and crowd fund a winding up petition against them / do what a poster suggested a few replies back and reject any strike-off action. - It might help stop them from doing this to someone else in the future.

I fully agree, it just surprises me that no one has, seeing as not everyone is clear thinking and I suspect some may get satisfaction or closure by saying 'hello' to them.

As you rightly say, there are a couple of limited options, but I suspect it will just finally fizzle out and no one will get justice.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 6:19 Quote
v7fmp wrote:

I fully agree, it just surprises me that no one has, seeing as not everyone is clear thinking and I suspect some may get satisfaction or closure by saying 'hello' to them.

As you rightly say, there are a couple of limited options, but I suspect it will just finally fizzle out and no one will get justice.

Being honest, If they owed me £2k like the one guy on here I would have 100% visited them in person - no need to threaten them or resort to violence but its much harder to fob someone off when they are standing in your tattoo studio, in front of colleagues and customers asking when they plan to deliver your £2k refund or your frame.

Totally agree with you though, it hard to stay clear thinking as you put it when owed a significant amount of money and the people who owe it to you don't seem to give a shit.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 18:22 Quote

Being honest, If they owed me £2k like the one guy on here I would have 100% visited them in person - no need to threaten them or resort to violence but its much harder to fob someone off when they are standing in your tattoo studio, in front of colleagues and customers asking when they plan to deliver your £2k refund

If only there weren’t a giant body of water in my way. Ive collected much less money “in person” on a few occasions.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 3:04 Quote
Brant is there a mech hanger with the tiktik?

Whens a pic of the black finish available?

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
Brant is there a mech hanger with the tiktik?

Yes.

sacalobra wrote:
Whens a pic of the black finish available?

When it's been applied to the frames.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
What’s the warranty gonna be like Brant and where’s these riding shoes ?

I know right! it’s 20questions time :-D

But seriously hurry up ‘arry and take my money

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
Most of the new shoes are up, there's a carbon soled MTB shoe and the boots to follow. Imagine the carbon sole from the posh road shoe with the extra rubber and two bolt insert from the single dial MTB shoe and you'll be there.

The trail SPD and Flats are online for pre-order

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
What’s the warranty gonna be like Brant and where’s these riding shoes ?

I know right! it’s 20questions time :-D

But seriously hurry up ‘arry and take my money

Warranty is here https://www.planetx.co.uk/help/warranty

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010439
Mobile Version of Website