Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
shedfire wrote:
sacalobra wrote:
Brant is there a mech hanger with the tiktik?

Yes.

sacalobra wrote:
Whens a pic of the black finish available?

When it's been applied to the frames.

Thanks

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 5:58 Quote
Same old business. Jordan was responding for a bit, then as usual, poof! Ghosted...

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
BrantleyB wrote:
Same old business. Jordan was responding for a bit, then as usual, poof! Ghosted...

responding to you?

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 1:29 Quote
Their homepage is offline now. I'd hazard to guess that "sick bicycle co" is over.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 1:49 Quote
That’s happened before. 50p needs to go in the meter I think

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 3:01 Quote
website fully dead now, is this the end? stay quiet for long enough for everyone to forget then come back in as industry bike works (who are also v quiet)

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 5:39 Quote
Companies house have issued a notice to say they are winding up Sick Corp, The T-shirt company, (unless the directors can give a reason not to) in 2 months as they are overdue filing accounts.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11453634/filing-history

Sadly, I think the bike company will go the same way.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
I'm confident that "this is it". They've been fully silent for months now (don't confuse sick bicycle and Jordan - one is a company, one is a person), the website is offline, no replies to anything... Seems like they are just abandoning the company and hoping to avoid any personal liability.

On a side note, yesterday I had the first opportunity to take my non-sick Marino bike for a proper rip. It's a great machine, fairly capable and grin-inducing. Also a proper workout on the trails. Shame they were too thick to make the company work because clearly the bike is a good idea.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 6:39 Quote
Kainerm wrote:
Shame they were too thick to make the company work because clearly the bike is a good idea.

They essentially copied geometry from bikes like the geometron et al, surely you see now they have almost zero understanding regarding engineering or bicycle geometry (look at the state of one of their full sus bikes with the saddle almost inches from the bars and their early geo charts where they didn't even know how to define reach) if it rides well it isn't because its geometry they have tested and is will honed, its blind luck.

Lets be honest, the whole thing is a train wreck, just search 'sick bicycles' on Instagram and look at the guys Deathwish that is cracked to pieces - That's right, either they or Marino on their behalf even managed to completely balls up a cromo frame designed to be 'overbuilt'.

The only decent frames they will have supplied are where they provided a geometry chart and left the adults to put the frame together in a safe manner, I am sure the Taiwanese hardtails will be just fine for example.

Totally winged it from start to finish, though they did tell everyone that, its just some people though its was 'cool' that they said they didn't know what they were doing, go figure.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
How much do their hardtails weigh?

When the term "overbuilt" worries me. A steel trail frame should have some compliance!

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
sacalobra wrote:

When the term "overbuilt" worries me. A steel trail frame should have some compliance!

Lots. 36lbs. With a gearbox, but also with carbon wheels. Reports range from ‘smoothest hardtail ever!’ (Guy Kesteven, Bikeradar), to ‘waaay too harsh!’ (Enduro mag)

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
sacalobra wrote:

Been reading the full 130 odd pages over the last week and will add my experience of sick.

Met them when they were very first starting out at one of the races and got to have chat and look at there downcycles uk made frame when the original crowd funding started. Liked what they were doing but at the time wasn’t looking at a new build. At another race through a friend that knew them got to try out the have blue prototype which really interested me and helped me to decide to buy a second hand mojo grometron shortly afterwards. The same mate ended up working with them a bit and eventually ended up riding for them at some big races. Kept talking to him to see what was happening, always saying they were doing fine and were just having teething problems of a small brand going quicker than expected. Bought some t shirts, had mixed experience with them turning up, one with a rip in it already and then struggle to get a refund on it/swopped out (again thought growing pains). Got to try out a pre production sesh (27.5” wheel frame)? and decided I would place an other with them for a wulf, did message them a bit before hand and while slow they did respond. Did see some issues on here and STW but like most of the internet believed it was just the internet multiplayer of problems extra. Messaged a week before the due date of my frame to receive no response. Ended up messaging Marino and got a response within 10 minutes from the other side of the world, asked to wait as he waiting for payment from sick. Shortly afterward the pb and STW come out which got me worries but still had time on PayPal to cancel. Messaged sick a couple more time but still did not get a response. Finally Marino posted up that he was selling the frames off, placed an order with him that evening over 10 or so emails. A few days later pictures of the frame boxed up with tracking order, a two weeks later landing on my door step. In the meantime I contacted PayPal and cancelled my order, I didn’t get any response from sick or protest the claim.

So far I have had the frame built up up most of the summer. So a couple of things that I have found with the frame when building it up. First is that there are loads of tyre clearance (it’s designed for 27.5+ or 29er but I think you could easily fit 29+ wheels if you ran it in the longer position). The con of this is that I have found with this is the crank arms are very close to the chain stays (I run carbon sram xo cranks and have had to take the protective boots off otherwise they would rub).

My main bike is a mk 1 nicolia mojo which is bloody long and slack. I knew the wulf (even in a large and 29er) would be slightly smaller but thought that that the wheels being larger help to make it feel bigger but it hasn’t. The ruby/OG edit has a 64 head angle while the AM has a 62 ha, I think I could of easily got away with this. At 5.9 my dropper post is in its lowest setting but with such a low toptube the frame is fine with plenty of stand over. Weight wise with its current spec it weighs 13.2kg (mix of carbon parts and budget 11 speed set up, aggressive tyres and insert). It feels sure footed rather than xc light but with the carbon wheels picks up speed very quickly. As a package and with the wheels in the shortest setting it feels very poppy and fun.

So far so happy. Would definitely be interesting in trying an AM model to see the difference. Would happy recommend Marino

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
13.2kg isn't bad is it, it's still sub 30lb

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 22:55 Quote
Well, I am at about 15kg with mine. 27.5 2.8" tires. Inserts going in soon, then it'll be 15.5kg.
The bike is a beast, it loves going fast. Doesn't like tight corners as much.

Active Forum Threads
20 mins ago - Sram 11 speed chains
27 mins ago - Recommendations for a new trail bike
47 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
55 mins ago - Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
1 hours ago - The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
1 hours ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
1 hours ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
1 hours ago - YT Capra Owners
1 hours ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
2 hours ago - Canyon Owners Club
2 hours ago - Zimbabwe +27739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in harare/gweru
2 hours ago - Witbank 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills nelspruit IN middleburg/pietretief
2 hours ago - Welkom 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in mthatha/butterworth/queenstown
2 hours ago - Westonaria 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in carletonville, northam, mafikeng, brits
2 hours ago - Girls Still Definitely Suck
2 hours ago - Vryheid 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in pietermariztburg/newcastle
2 hours ago - Vereeniging 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in bloemfontein/witbank
2 hours ago - Vanderbijlpark 0739143863 penis enlargement cream in secunda/standerton in klerksdorp/orkney/
2 hours ago - Taung 0739143863 penis enlargement cream in vryburg/mafikeng/lichtenburg/polokwane/makopane
2 hours ago - Tembisa 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in midrand, randburg, fourways, sandton, cosmocity,
2 hours ago - Standerton 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in middleburg/pietretief/
2 hours ago - Stanger 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in pinetown, vryheid/richards bay/
2 hours ago - Sandton 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in Tsakane, Thokoza, Tembisa, Springs: j
2 hours ago - Soweto mens clinic 0739143863 penis enlargement cream and pills in roodepoort/lenasia
2 hours ago - Sandton 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in Tsakane, Thokoza, Tembisa, Springs: j

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010434
Mobile Version of Website