Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Nov 27, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
The bike co accounts for the year to Feb '19 are due by this Saturday, is it even worth taking any bets on if anything will materialise?

Posted: Nov 27, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
DC1988 wrote:
BrantleyB wrote:
OneTrustMan wrote:

And nothing of value was lost...expect for the people who got robbed. Frown

But seriously, it's still amazes me that almost no one saw this coming.
When they were first introduced on sites like Pinkbike, MTB-News and so on,
all were like "Hell yeah, or what great guys, looks cool."

My only reaction back than was "What a god damn bunch of hipsters. No way I'm gonna buy their stuff"
2 years later and they are no more. No surprise. Hipsters just can't run businesses properly.

To be honest, I didn’t think there was anyway I’d ever get a slack ti hardtail for that price. Low and behold, it was too good to be true.
I don't know about the Ti frames but the steel frames did actually exist, they just weren't necessarily Sick's to sell

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
Happy 1 year anniversary for my Frame order..! lol

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 17:30 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
The bike co accounts for the year to Feb '19 are due by this Saturday, is it even worth taking any bets on if anything will materialise?

Just fired off an email to Companies house. Would suggest all with a horse in this race do the same

F*ck 'em!

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 17:52 Quote
It’s pretty embarrassing all these people impacted by sick have found each other on a forum but been unable to organise some consequences for the company.

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 20:09 Quote
heinous wrote:
It’s pretty embarrassing all these people impacted by sick have found each other on a forum but been unable to organise some consequences for the company.

Unfortunately a bit of a long and expensive flight from down under to come and pay them a visit, which is probably the same for many people who have been swindled.

Aside from having already emailed both trading standards, and the companies house what would you suggest? Keeping in mind many of us are on the opposite side of the planet, and local authorities have no jurisdiction in the UK.

Looking forward to your reply

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 22:30 Quote
Everyone impacted co-ordinating a single response, potentially even all chucking $50 in to have a solicitor over there follow it up properly. These guys would roll over fast in the face of a real consequence, I suspect.

Surely that's exactly what a forum like this can actually facilitate. Sure it would require trust and someone over there to help co-ordinate, but it'd be pretty satisfying, I reckon.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 0:28 Quote
According to FaceBook Jordan is now working for a company called Bridges https://www.facebook.com/bridges.uca/?tn-str=k*F
Tim is working for Aviva and posting crap about hating tories (im not arguing with his politics as I hate the tory f*ckwits too) which is ironic giving the similarity between how comfortable he appears to be defarauding the public and how the tories do the same.

I'm going to contact both companies via letter and email to inform them of the previous misdemeanors of their employees.
Iv'e had my refund (via Paypal but I know Sick had nothing to do with it)but i'll do what I can to help those who haven't .
I've I lived closer to where they live i'd be round knocking doors at 3am for a laugh.

actually had a little look at Bridges and I'm not sure what the f*ck it is , its part of a PS4 game Death Stranding, so f*ck knows what Jordan is doing pretending hes working for a pretend company (sounds familiar actually)

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 2:10 Quote
heinous wrote:
Everyone impacted co-ordinating a single response, potentially even all chucking $50 in to have a solicitor over there follow it up properly. These guys would roll over fast in the face of a real consequence, I suspect.

Surely that's exactly what a forum like this can actually facilitate. Sure it would require trust and someone over there to help co-ordinate, but it'd be pretty satisfying, I reckon.

Solicitors actually cost an ‘eck of a lot more than you’d like to think

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 3:12 Quote
Yeah? I used to be one.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 4:04 Quote
heinous wrote:
Yeah? I used to be one.

Ok, so say 20 odd people put $50 in, how much of your, as a lawyer, time would that $1000 (£800) get, 3, maybe 4 hours? What could you achieve in that time, given the directors aren’t personally liable, and the company has no money.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 4:04 Quote
From Companies House:

“Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Companies House can only assist with issues that involve forms being filed at Companies House.

The function of Companies House is to incorporate and register companies.

Companies House has no investigatory powers and is unable to investigate allegations of fraud, misconduct, or irregularity in the company's affairs.

If you suspect fraudulent activity you should report the details to the police.

Companies House works closely with various law enforcement authorities by providing them information when they need assistance with their inquiries.

Alternately, if your complaint is about the conduct of a company or its officers you should contact The Insolvency Service

You can make a complaint if you have reasonable grounds to suspect a currently active company of:

• causing significant harm to customers, suppliers, etc
• breaking the law, eg fraud
• serious misconduct, eg company assets have not been used properly
• having a significant irregularity in its affairs

Contact details are as follows:

The Insolvency Service

Online complaints form
http://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Telephone: 0300 678 0017
24-hour answerphone to ask for a form

You can also complain in writing.

Intelligence Hub
Investigations and Enforcement Services
Insolvency Service
3rd Floor Cannon House
18 Priory Queensway
Birmingham
B4 6FD ”

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
Think a every one sending in emails or letters to them might help?

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
Tea4two wrote:

When the alternative is to do nothing, yes, I think it is better than doing nothing. Get on it!

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Tea4two wrote:

When the alternative is to do nothing, yes, I think it is better than doing nothing. Get on it!

Exactly this. Collating all the details of everyone ripped off allows it to be taken seriously. It’s the difference between ‘this kid is complaining his bike never arrived’ to this group of XXX has been collectively defrauded of XXXXXX and has provided us all the details to do our job, and even taken it seriously enough to get a lawyer to put it on a letterhead’.

I dealt a few times with government agencies in things like this and as sad as it is, the power of a letterhead and Solicitor sign off is quite effective dealing with public servants. It makes it easier for them to act than not.

Remember - you wouldn’t pay the lawyer to investigate, just to send the letters to prompt one. So yes, £1000 would go a surprisingly long way. Particularly if that lawyer knows the right person to sent letter to and to call for follow up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012826
Mobile Version of Website