Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
All buyers who lost money to these despicable morons should arrange a day out to visit and cause a public nuisance at their tattoo parlour! Could you imagine the horror of it and also the damage that it would cause them on social media! Really Mad

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 12:39 Quote
I think Joe Lycett would do a better job. Seriously, someone who got burnt by this should fire off an application form.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
Who’s Joe Lycett?

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
Another main reason they didn't use Kickstarter and went for indegogo is they don't require a functioning prototype before allowing the project to go live.

If they had insisted on a prototype they would 100% have never been able to go live with the 'projects'.

I still think its absolutely insane that anyone pledged the amount of money for a frame to these incompetent gimps without being able to see a working prototype (I mean who would buy a bike frame that hasn't even been tested, once, ever, before!?? - No offence to anyone that did but wtf?)

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
Another main reason they didn't use Kickstarter and went for indegogo is they don't require a functioning prototype before allowing the project to go live.

If they had insisted on a prototype they would 100% have never been able to go live with the 'projects'.

I still think its absolutely insane that anyone pledged the amount of money for a frame to these incompetent gimps without being able to see a working prototype (I mean who would buy a bike frame that hasn't even been tested, once, ever, before!?? - No offence to anyone that did but wtf?)

There was a lot of talk of ‘team riders putting them through their paces’ for the hardtails anyway. Largely bullshit, but there was talk of it.

As mentioned previously, a couple of mags reviewed hardtail. One said it was the comfiest they’d ever ridden, the other that it was offensively harsh. Same bike. Make of that what you will.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:

There was a lot of talk of ‘team riders putting them through their paces’ for the hardtails anyway. Largely bullshit, but there was talk of it.

As mentioned previously, a couple of mags reviewed hardtail. One said it was the comfiest they’d ever ridden, the other that it was offensively harsh. Same bike. Make of that what you will.

If a small company that doesn't appear to be comprised of serious riders claims to have done extensive - or, in some cases, any - meaningful testing, it's bullshit.

If a small company doesn't show off extensive photos and videos of prototyping and testing, it's bullshit.

If a small company goes from renderings to production models suspiciously quickly, it's bullshit.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
The crowd-fund bikes were all full sus, brand new designs though, some quite complicated and even Sick themselves didn't claim that they existed or were tested which I found absolutely mental.

Sure, they had hardtails made / marino made some full sus frames to their geometry but the crowd-fund stuff didn't ever exist outside of a CAD render and some people still bought them, crazy when you consider some manufacturers spend a year or often much more of continuous testing / development before bringing such a frame to market.

Even if they had managed to make the frames - high chance they would have either ridden like shite or had some fairly large flaws nobody spotted because the customer was doing the initial testing.

Worst bit about this is, it will put people off purchasing from new companies in the future.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 15:21 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Who’s Joe Lycett?
A comedian who happens to also host a consumer rights show. Everything about this affair, particularly the pivoting in to cheese and tattoos afterwards, seems suited to the format.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 21:57 Quote
not to defend them but guys, has no one of you ever thought "i could do that better"? just go to the marino website and build your own full sus. everyone of us has ridden enough bikes to know how it should feel and what geo/spec they want.
just load up linkage and fiddle around with it. you will feel like a madman. i did and to be honest you can create a single pivot with the same anti-rise/ anti-sag etc. as a xxxx thousand euro bike, it took me few days to learn all that.
i would not say that that compare to anything big bike companies do, but just read through some forums/ articles and you will see that much of it is just marketing. i have a ragley bluepig and a YT Capra at the moment. two very different beasts but they are good for the same type of trails and riding with some differences. looking at the geo i am almost 100% certain why some things feel and ride like they do.

sick just thought the same way i guess plus they are very very very bad businessman and sadly very good social media clowns. i don't want to defend why i pledged; everyone has its reasons, but i don't want to hear "i knew it from the beginning". there were much more pledges than just the bikes and those people must have also though that's a cool idea that they wanted to support. i think i've done it because i trusted them enough because i thought i would do the same if i could plus all the psychological goodies they made us believe, mentioned here before.
in the end everybody knows better, nobody can say they saw all that coming. i knew that i took a high risk and that i lose all my rights when i signed up for any crowdfunding not only indiegogo. kickstarter is not that much better. i pledged projects that failed and others that did not.

what bugs me is that there is nothing happening and, like it seems, they just get away with all the dept. in other countries this would not be possible. i feel more sad for those who actually bought a bike from them.
i really hope that more people file some complaints and not just talk about it.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 4:34 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

If a small company that doesn't appear to be comprised of serious riders claims to have done extensive - or, in some cases, any - meaningful testing, it's bullshit.

If a small company doesn't show off extensive photos and videos of prototyping and testing, it's bullshit.

If a small company goes from renderings to production models suspiciously quickly, it's bullshit.

Back when people actually said this out-loud though , the baying hoard of fanbois defending sick would almost tear you limb from limb, oh well lessons and all that.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 4:46 Quote
Donkykong017 wrote:
not to defend them but guys, has no one of you ever thought "i could do that better"? just go to the marino website and build your own full sus. everyone of us has ridden enough bikes to know how it should feel and what geo/spec they want.
just load up linkage and fiddle around with it. you will feel like a madman. i did and to be honest you can create a single pivot with the same anti-rise/ anti-sag etc. as a xxxx thousand euro bike, it took me few days to learn all that.
i would not say that that compare to anything big bike companies do, but just read through some forums/ articles and you will see that much of it is just marketing. i have a ragley bluepig and a YT Capra at the moment. two very different beasts but they are good for the same type of trails and riding with some differences. looking at the geo i am almost 100% certain why some things feel and ride like they do.

sick just thought the same way i guess plus they are very very very bad businessman and sadly very good social media clowns. i don't want to defend why i pledged; everyone has its reasons, but i don't want to hear "i knew it from the beginning". there were much more pledges than just the bikes and those people must have also though that's a cool idea that they wanted to support. i think i've done it because i trusted them enough because i thought i would do the same if i could plus all the psychological goodies they made us believe, mentioned here before.
in the end everybody knows better, nobody can say they saw all that coming. i knew that i took a high risk and that i lose all my rights when i signed up for any crowdfunding not only indiegogo. kickstarter is not that much better. i pledged projects that failed and others that did not.

what bugs me is that there is nothing happening and, like it seems, they just get away with all the dept. in other countries this would not be possible. i feel more sad for those who actually bought a bike from them.

Realistically, you were conned, plenty of people did 'know it from the beginning' - Many people, myself included raised this on PB, Instagram, FB, etc etc and were completely shot down by the 'fanbois' as in the post above.

Jordan even made a whole Instagram story about one of the posts I made on PB about them where I stated the crowd fund bike was only a CAD drawing and didn't actually exist and yes, the fans all came to support that anyway - Seeing as you admit they were great at the whole social media thing, and that's probably how you came to know and support them, does that mean you liked what they were doing, how badly they spoke to people, how they were obviously departed from reality?

People openly said 'I like how they do things' - 'A breath of fresh air' and Dirt even promoted them 'wanting to fight' people online - The people from Sick even told you they didn't know what they were doing and people lapped it up and actually bought into them and pledged for their t-shirts and other stuff like that because if it - because they wanted to be part of a 'movement' of a*sholes behaving like a*sholes.

Do I / Did I think they deliberately stole from customers or planned this whole failure - Absolutely not and I feel sorry for anyone owed money by the shower of shit that Sick bikes (realistically the cult leader Jordanchaos) created but yet again the UK system is certainly no more lapse than any other country - This could just as easily happen any country that allows formation of LTD companies, look it up if you don't believe me.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 5:08 Quote
Somewhat ironically, most of the fanbois doing the shouting down were kids (or bots), who couldn't afford the asking prices of the frames, so didn't get done over to the tune that the people who were taken in did. There were dozens of 'can't afford one right now but will definitely buy in the future' messages.

Not that I wish them any goodwill whatsoever, but I'm amazed T & J haven't since got jobs in marketing for companies that can actually produce what they promise. Most firms would kill for the levels of brand loyalty that they managed to drum up. Might be best to use a pseudonym though...

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 5:17 Quote
Donkykong017 wrote:

Realistically, you were conned, plenty of people did 'know it from the beginning' - Many people, myself included raised this on PB, Instagram, FB, etc etc and were completely shot down by the 'fanbois' as in the post above.

Jordan even made a whole Instagram story about one of the posts I made on PB about them where I stated the crowd fund bike was only a CAD drawing and didn't actually exist and yes, the fans all came to support that anyway - Seeing as you admit they were great at the whole social media thing, and that's probably how you came to know and support them, does that mean you liked what they were doing, how badly they spoke to people, how they were obviously departed from reality?

People openly said 'I like how they do things' - 'A breath of fresh air' and Dirt even promoted them 'wanting to fight' people online - The people from Sick even told you they didn't know what they were doing and people lapped it up and actually bought into them and pledged for their t-shirts and other stuff like that because if it - because they wanted to be part of a 'movement' of a*sholes behaving like a*sholes.

Do I / Did I think they deliberately stole from customers or planned this whole failure - Absolutely not and I feel sorry for anyone owed money by the shower of shit that Sick bikes (realistically the cult leader Jordanchaos) created but yet again the UK system is certainly no more lapse than any other country - This could just as easily happen any country that allows formation of LTD companies, look it up if you don't believe me.

yeah you are right. but from where does one's opinion about something come from? it is formed by the information and input you get from your surroundings. it was formed by some over hyped articles and mentions over the internet and yeah it was formed by jordans talking. i admit he was good at that. at least he caught enough people to get all this going and then putting it to the ground.
and at the point of the crowdfunding nobody said that its not going to work. at that point they were riding the hype wave.
in february/march i myself grow some suspicion. but having backed more than a few other crowdfundings i know how long that can take. i was/am not on FB and was not on PB at the time. also i tend to leave social media be, as good as i can, because it's all just unnecessary discussion, hate or some other time robbing BS.

and what is that than all about again: people discussing over things that do not matter anymore, when they all have something in common.
yeah i am angry, and i let myself be fooled by those clowns. and yeah maybe that's kind of dumb, but saying i told you so does not really help. what helps is if we hold together and do what can be done to make things better or prevent something like that from happening again. have you filed reports with the companies house, Insolvency service or the police? how many people that were basically stolen from have done that?

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 5:20 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Not that I wish them any goodwill whatsoever, but I'm amazed T & J haven't since got jobs in marketing for companies that can actually produce what they promise. Most firms would kill for the levels of brand loyalty that they managed to drum up. Might be best to use a pseudonym though...

I've often thought that, too. It seems he's crap at actual business, but you can't deny the effectiveness of the marketing. Best to leave the business to people who can business and just stick to what he can actually do.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 5:36 Quote
The MTB media definatly have dirty hands here - Dirt, PB and Singletrack (until they all realised what was going on and tried to reverse their position of course)

If you were not on PB or FB you wouldnt really ever have a clue about what these guys were really like and like and as I say I am genuinely sorry for anyone like yourself as you were not so much conned like the groupies on social media but presented with a legitimate looking, but different, business by the MTB media - I dont feel sorry for anyone who got behind and involved in the way he used to speak to customers and conduct himself though - if they are short of money, tough shit.

As a LTD company the directors are quite well protected, financially unless they acted in a way that is illegal, which is unlikely, they have an accountant and would have got advice there, this also isnt the first disolved company Jordan has been involved with so he knows exactly what he is doing there.

You need to go after the company and attempt to prevent it being 'wound up' and maybe an investigation into their conduct as directors could be made. In terms of the money, I have said this before, after the refunds, cracked frames, undercharged post, lost items, underpriced products, e-wings cranks, a tiny wage for 4 directors (if they even took any) flights to shows in the USA, countless prototypes and other such stuff its unlikely there was much left.

Jordan though is super good at what he did, surely he would be an asset to a company where all he needs to do is promote and talk, just keep him away from absolutely everything else.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007017
Mobile Version of Website