Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 6:10 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
Who’s Joe Lycett?
A comedian who happens to also host a consumer rights show. Everything about this affair, particularly the pivoting in to cheese and tattoos afterwards, seems suited to the format.

Ooooo yh does ring a bell now- thanks

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
PHILXX1975 wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

There was a lot of talk of ‘team riders putting them through their paces’ for the hardtails anyway. Largely bullshit, but there was talk of it.

As mentioned previously, a couple of mags reviewed hardtail. One said it was the comfiest they’d ever ridden, the other that it was offensively harsh. Same bike. Make of that what you will.

If a small company that doesn't appear to be comprised of serious riders claims to have done extensive - or, in some cases, any - meaningful testing, it's bullshit.

If a small company doesn't show off extensive photos and videos of prototyping and testing, it's bullshit.

If a small company goes from renderings to production models suspiciously quickly, it's bullshit.

Back when people actually said this out-loud though , the baying hoard of fanbois defending sick would almost tear you limb from limb, oh well lessons and all that.

It's not just Sick though. People will defend bike brands because of image first not how they ride.

A great review and people will vote with their credit card.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
Tis true although never let me perouse my lbs as ££££££ down 30mins later
Lol

I am bad mind for impulse buys

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 15:27 Quote
I'll stick my oar in because I know a lot of the people who worked behind the scenes and we're f*cking done....lots of smoke and mirrors and complete shit ...I even asked dickhead Jordan how many frames he needed for testing ....none was the answer, the bloke was technically f*cking clueless

From the first story that broke where they went on their workshop pretense that things were made by hand , talking to the owner later the reality didn't match with the bullshine

But this is prevalent in some other well known brands however ,you don't get to see the absolute shit some of these people spout to get a good clean cut we actually have a clue image and you just toddle off thinking ...reeeeaaaaaly and the general populus thinks they have a clue ,

You can't really blame journos regurgitating what they're told though sometimes I do think I'm going to publish lots of emails and tell some stories that are fully evidenced ....just to prove a point.

I tend to catagorize most things inside pinch of salt and your talking out of your arse mate ...if it's .to do with bicycles ...I know one particular company that did however fake it till they made it ...less said about them though the better , obviously don't tar everyone there are some good honest guys out there doing good stuff theyre usually the ones who just crack on though and let the media circus just wash over them

but at the end of the day rumour Mills in this industry and it for tat stories have gone on for twenty years in my experience you could talk shit all day long and eventually it would get back to you in a mutated form of the original....

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 15:30 Quote
Compositepro,

The story of SpeedX was the most-read story of the year for Cycling Tips, so maybe there would be interest.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 21:39 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
The MTB media definatly have dirty hands here - Dirt, PB and Singletrack (until they all realised what was going on and tried to reverse their position of course)

If you were not on PB or FB you wouldnt really ever have a clue about what these guys were really like and like and as I say I am genuinely sorry for anyone like yourself as you were not so much conned like the groupies on social media but presented with a legitimate looking, but different, business by the MTB media - I dont feel sorry for anyone who got behind and involved in the way he used to speak to customers and conduct himself though - if they are short of money, tough shit.

As a LTD company the directors are quite well protected, financially unless they acted in a way that is illegal, which is unlikely, they have an accountant and would have got advice there, this also isnt the first disolved company Jordan has been involved with so he knows exactly what he is doing there.

You need to go after the company and attempt to prevent it being 'wound up' and maybe an investigation into their conduct as directors could be made. In terms of the money, I have said this before, after the refunds, cracked frames, undercharged post, lost items, underpriced products, e-wings cranks, a tiny wage for 4 directors (if they even took any) flights to shows in the USA, countless prototypes and other such stuff its unlikely there was much left.

Jordan though is super good at what he did, surely he would be an asset to a company where all he needs to do is promote and talk, just keep him away from absolutely everything else.

yeah i get it. the groupieness was out of this world. i never quite get it how people can fight with each other over the same thing that they love. and when Jordass started to attack his own customers thats another level.

i looked it up a little bit yesterday, but have not found a way how i/we can prevent a company from being wound up. doesn't that mean its being liquidated? and isn't that what we want so that they can pay their debt? only thing i can think of is that there is no money because they never had any machines, offices,... how can i/we start an investigation in their conduct. i read almost the whole thread and i filed at the companies house, the investigation service and also at the police. and i also found out that they basically failed their obligation in the crowdfunding campaign which leaves us the chance to take legal action, what i think i did, by filing charges at the police.
i think we have to do what we can even though the chances are low. i'm pretty sure at this point that no one of us will see their money again, nevertheless i filed reports and complaints wherever i could. i even had a lawyer that told me i can't do anything about it, that did not stop me from looking further into it. and do what i can.
i think most people that have lost money think its not worth the hassle, or maybe don't want to admit that they were completely wrong. i also trusted them to the end and the realization at the end left a very bitter taste, but that's exactly why i will not let this go.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 22:15 Quote
No "you" liquidate a company and it costs money this is done from memory if you need to realise capital to pay off creditors or HMRC say you owe them tax and appoint one to get it back if you refuse to cough up.....again costs them money and from what I heard they don't bother for anything less than 10k

This is assuming there are profits if their company made a loss then involuntary strike off is actually a recognised method of hassle free getting rid of a company

What they have done is not submit accounts and this automatically triggers striking off with CH therefore binning off any responsibility., Most responsible company directors have to formally request a striking off rather than letting the process just happen.

This has been covered as nauseum in previous posts.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 23:59 Quote
Compositepro wrote:
No "you" liquidate a company and it costs money this is done from memory if you need to realise capital to pay off creditors or HMRC say you owe them tax and appoint one to get it back if you refuse to cough up.....again costs them money and from what I heard they don't bother for anything less than 10k

This is assuming there are profits if their company made a loss then involuntary strike off is actually a recognised method of hassle free getting rid of a company

What they have done is not submit accounts and this automatically triggers striking off with CH therefore binning off any responsibility., Most responsible company directors have to formally request a striking off rather than letting the process just happen.

This has been covered as nauseum in previous posts.

yeah ok but again what can we do?

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 15:57 Quote
Looks as though all of our $$$ has helped fund a little project for Jordan's wife:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Inpagesshop?ref=ss_profile

https://www.facebook.com/pg/inpagesshop/about/

https://www.instagram.com/in_pages/

Wonder if they will be sending products, or just taking the cash and hiding behind some bullshit UK business laws until the company gets wound up..?

Wonder if their suppliers have been paid? And with who's money?

Veeeery interesting...

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 16:21 Quote
Not sure why you’d think that? Money I have, however I got it, doesn’t fund my wife?

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 18:07 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Not sure why you’d think that? Money I have, however I got it, doesn’t fund my wife?

Pure coincidence I guess.. Surely it wasn't all spent on eewings cranks and trade show stands?

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 19:28 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:

As Jessica Childs is NOT a registered director of any company, Tom, where is the tax money from her wee pop up store going? I doubt any tax would be voluntarily paid by these scammers. As usual, Jordan keeping a clean set of heels.
Jess was previously working for Sick, as per Jordan's live-streams. I can't see why they aren't in it together.

This late in the game, we need to see accounting records detailing their intricate scam on us all. Also, Tom, are you owed any money? If not, well....

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 21:30 Quote
Nope, not owed a thing, but am trying to be level headed here, you can’t go chasing after everyone that has ever been in the same room as T & J screaming ‘FRAUDSTER!!!’ Even if she was an employee, she wasn’t/isn’t listed as a person of significant influence, so there is nothing to be gained by going after her, other than destroying her business because her husband pissed you off, (I’d even suggest that the only reason she was mentioned would be to make them sound bigger than they were, remember the ‘customer service team’?). Is that the action of a sane person? Will you be going after their kids for any pocket money they may have received too?

Are you saying that anyone, who isn’t a registered director of a company, with an Etsy page is a tax evader? Really? I’m not a registered director of a company, yet I was able to make money from something that was not my job, whilst still paying the proper amounts of tax.

If folk put as much effort into stopping the winding up of the company/going through proper channels as they did trying to dig up irrelevant details and dirt, they might actually get somewhere...

Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 0:42 Quote
I’m with Tom on this, the tattoo studio and his other half’s creative stuff was going long before Sick was started by Jordan, concentrate on the area of interest, not harassing a completely unrelated micro business / hobby his wife runs.

Yet again for what must be almost the 100th time - it is Sick LTD that owe money / product, personal attention directed at any director is an absolute waste of time and bleating on about untaxed income from his wife’s printing on books or cups or something isn’t going to achieve anything.

Also at least have some basic understanding of tax and self employment - you don’t need a ltd company to pay tax, ask thousands and thousands of self employed sole traders and partnerships.

Sick behaved in an unacceptable way, don’t follow them down that route.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005774
Mobile Version of Website