Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 13:10 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
Craig - did you contact HMRC or Companies House?

They are two separate entities with HMRC dealing with taxes and VAT - they can actually prevent the winding up / petition for the winding up themselves in order to recover outstanding taxes and VAT.

It may go nowhere, but if the HMRC conducted a tax inspection on Sick they may find there a decent sum of unpaid tax / VAT or an investigation into why they didn't submit a return in the first place.

I have contacted both, HMRC seem to be interested in gathering as much information as possible.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
After looking into this a little more it appears some of the UK 'haters' may actually have a point, my understanding was that the HMRC (responsible for tax, not companies house) used to prevent a company being struck off if it had unpaid / not submitted taxes / the company was expected to still file accounts before striking off - apparently now that just isn't true in all cases and is especially untrue if the company has no assets to allow for recovery (no money, no assets, whats the point?)

This goes into some detail about the subject - https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/tax/hmrc-policy/struck-off-companies-dodge-ps16bn-a-year

So, Jordan now has 4 dissolved companies to his name - Blaq Mass, Occult, Sick Corp and soon Sick Bicycles.

Essentially now, once the company is struck off that's it - it ceases to exist and something that doesn't exist doesn't owe any taxes / money back to anyone - its all over. It looks like this will happen in a few weeks.

Nobody at HMRC cares because the money involved is realistically so small.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
[Quote="tomhoward379"]
shazmatter wrote:
Compositepro wrote:

Glad someone else here has a sense of humour.
The majority here who don't have skin in the game just seem like whinging poms posting from alternate accounts to me...

Now THAT is funny.

What skin do you have in the game?

Who?

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 13:57 Quote
Compositepro wrote:

Who?

Shazmatter. Or whatever he’s calling himself this week.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
After looking into this a little more it appears some of the UK 'haters' may actually have a point, my understanding was that the HMRC (responsible for tax, not companies house) used to prevent a company being struck off if it had unpaid / not submitted taxes / the company was expected to still file accounts before striking off - apparently now that just isn't true in all cases and is especially untrue if the company has no assets to allow for recovery (no money, no assets, whats the point?)

This goes into some detail about the subject - https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/tax/hmrc-policy/struck-off-companies-dodge-ps16bn-a-year

So, Jordan now has 4 dissolved companies to his name - Blaq Mass, Occult, Sick Corp and soon Sick Bicycles.

Essentially now, once the company is struck off that's it - it ceases to exist and something that doesn't exist doesn't owe any taxes / money back to anyone - its all over. It looks like this will happen in a few weeks.

Nobody at HMRC cares because the money involved is realistically so small.

They did until brexit and understaffing I hear in the Manchester centre of HMRC the staff are so pissed off they have resorted to smearing shit up the walls it's kinda true Google it
https://www.fintechfutures.com/2020/01/exclusive-drugs-defecation-and-graffiti-at-hmrcs-manchester-headquarters/

They are supposed to have some magical system that cross references shed loads of stuff HMRC moves in mysterious ways

And yep the quality of government departments seems to be going the way of a lot of business owners

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 16:19 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Compositepro wrote:

Who?

Well you're still here and triggered, so having skin in the game is irrelevant it would seem.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 18:23 Quote
its amazing this has gone on for 163 pages.

Just when you think the train wreck has stopped, more cars keep piling on.

great work everyone.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
its amazing this has gone on for 163 pages.

Just when you think the train wreck has stopped, more cars keep piling on.

great work everyone.

TOOOT TOOOT! lol

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 20:04 Quote
I think I bought another 5–10 days when I contested their being struck off. Someone else jump in and contest it so it’ll buy more time.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 21:15 Quote
BrantleyB wrote:
I think I bought another 5–10 days when I contested their being struck off. Someone else jump in and contest it so it’ll buy more time.

Maybe add a few days as I sent my mails few days after yours. But I read that there is a 3 month window after striking off is initiated to send obligations

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 23:14 Quote
lustanotherabusername wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:
Compositepro wrote:

Who?

Well you're still here and triggered, so having skin in the game is irrelevant it would seem.

Nope, why would I be triggered? I’m just here offering advice. You’d probably know more about being triggered than most though, eh?

So no skin in the game eh? Is that because you got your refund, and a bit more besides, back in the days when there was money to be given back? Care to give advice on how you got it?

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 0:07 Quote
craigadams wrote:
Donkykong017 wrote:

Yeah that sounds good. I will drop them an email tomorrow. I also have no idea but could be worth a try.

Have a quick read through this (and anyone else owed money) - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/insolvency/content/100712

It appears the HMRC can make a 'PLN' - a personal liability notice whereby the directors are personally liable for unpaid taxes / vat - You guys will need to prevent the company being dissolved though and get HMRC to look into the activities at Sick - no, you still have no chance you will get your money back but you could cause them some serious headache there and maybe result in them having to pay any taxes owed rather than walking off into the night.

(@shazmatter - don't think he was saying you had a sense of humour buttercup...…)

The Last email I had from HMRC asked me to email any proof/invoices etc showing they were trading as a 'LTD' company (which I happily sent through)

I also sent through email correspondence from everyone involved dating back to November 2018 when the order was placed through to:
Emails promising they were almost in the UK
Emails promising they were being shipped from supplier
Emails promising they were going to make things right
Emails noting they had received my refund request
Emails bouncing back when they went radio silent.

Have objected to the company being struck off, and have given my consent to divulge my contact details.

I have been told they are well aware of these characters, and are getting all their ducks in a row.

I suggest everyone else involved does the same. Only took me 5 minutes to type an email.

We probably aren't getting our money back, but with some luck and a pile of evidence I'm hoping they make an example of the C**TS

which team/mail did you send your mails to at HMRC? i seem to have gotten the wrong one...

edit: filled out a tax evasion form. lets see

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 8:39 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
lustanotherabusername wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

Nope, why would I be triggered? I’m just here offering advice. You’d probably know more about being triggered than most though, eh?

So no skin in the game eh? Is that because you got your refund, and a bit more besides, back in the days when there was money to be given back? Care to give advice on how you got it?

All your refunds are belong to us!

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
Just got this. At least a little victory. Now I have no idea what they mean with evidence to show progress in resolving. I had a lawyer on it and sent them the Letters!?

Thank you for your email of 12th February 2020.

We acknowledge receipt of your objection to the striking off /dissolution of the above company. In view of the information and evidence supplied we can confirm we’ve stopped this action until 19
August 2020.

To maintain the objection after this date, you’ll need to provide acceptable evidence to show progress in resolving outstanding matters. We must receive this evidence at least 2 weeks before the
objection is due to expire.

If we don’t receive further evidence, the striking off action will resume and this may result in the company being struck off and dissolved.

Thank you for confirming your position regarding disclosure of your identity as the objector. Your comments have been noted and placed on file.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006891
Mobile Version of Website