Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
There's a prototype Sick fully frame on fleabay right now, off topic I know but Holy God them seatstays are hideous.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174192407482

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
Good to hear the winding up has been put back 4 months, hopefully that gives you guys time to see if you can get HMRC involved regarding tax and vat and start getting some teeth into things.

@ratcat - that's some Chinese open source frame that they have played around with geometry-wise, nothing that ever existed in the real-world was ever actually a ground up 'Sick' design, that stuff never made it off he computer screen.....

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
Same idea as the Grim Donut: "No idea what we're doing, so let's take a guess and see how it turns out." Not the most elegant or efficient design strategy, but a popular strategy.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 6:14 Quote
https://singletrackworld.com/charged/2020/02/28/this-is-the-forestal-emtb-more-to-come-in-march/

Same crap here ,moody rendering of stuff that doesn't exist...again it's one of the shittier desperate for stories mags that's been pushing it for 6 months.

Comments section is telling.

Crap journo is telling.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 9:22 Quote
PHILXX1975 wrote:
https://singletrackworld.com/charged/2020/02/28/this-is-the-forestal-emtb-more-to-come-in-march/

Same crap here ,moody rendering of stuff that doesn't exist...again it's one of the shittier desperate for stories mags that's been pushing it for 6 months.

Comments section is telling.

Crap journo is telling.
Cedric Gracia has been working with them and testing bikes for them so feel like I have a lot more trust in them than Shit bikes.

Pretty sure Forestal is part of or owned by a large company, not just out on their own not having a clue.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 9:29 Quote
Forestal is throwing truckloads of money at their project. Large staff, large office, large media presence ... for a start-up bike company? They even have a Dakar motorsports team!

Either they hit the jackpot with whomever is investing or something is off about the whole operation. Either way, I'm excited to see how things unfold ... from a safe distance.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 10:46 Quote
Are you going to compare 4 English guys (at least half of them delusional and incompetent) with full time jobs, not an ounce of real-world engineering experience (outside of a monitor) only one driving license between them and pretty much no money at all working from their front room / bedroom to what appears to be a well funded company that has been testing product in the real world for months before bringing something to market?

I imagine they are similar in construction to Unno or Evil - Unno is part of Cero design and Evils owner runs a successful design agency - the bike aspect is a small part of the company operations - they already have an office, staff, money, connections, experience etc.

I am genuinely amazed you even made the connection between forestal and the gimps that were collectively known as Sick.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 11:04 Quote
He just wants to have his semi regular dig at bike journo’s/STW (that he never reads). Makes him feel well ‘ard.

Singletrack charged is a fairly small part of STW, so you’d have to be searching out the content to be able to criticise it. Bit weird.

Not having a go at Privateer Phil? They’re a new brand that are experiencing delays, somewhat ironically, due to sickness...

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 13:56 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
He just wants to have his semi regular dig at bike journo’s/STW (that he never reads). Makes him feel well ‘ard.

Singletrack charged is a fairly small part of STW, so you’d have to be searching out the content to be able to criticise it. Bit weird.

Not having a go at Privateer Phil? They’re a new brand that are experiencing delays, somewhat ironically, due to sickness...

If you can get much further up their Arse Tom maybe even you can get a job waffling opinion piece poop about bikes.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 14:30 Quote
Given how critical you are of, seemingly, all bike journo’s I would have thought you’d be volunteering to do it far better than anyone ever thought possible? I remember a bike company that did just that, or tried to. Forget their name though, wonder what happened to them?

Or are you just one of these happy, jolly, tell everyone they’re shit at what they do without offering anything better types? Wait, some of those words aren’t quite right are they?

Who is your favourite writer on the subject of bicycles Phil? Is it the trouser wizard? Or will it be another ‘I dun’t av to tell you nuffin’ as previously?

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
Forestal have just put money into Production Privee, they're well funded, nothing like the shysters this thread is aimed at.

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
If it makes anyone feel better even the big boys get mugged off , I've been following this for a while it shows the level of complexity behind some epic fails.

https://www.superbike.co.uk/article/norton-was-it-a-fraud-from-the-start-part-two?fbclid=IwAR1X6-I8xn6KCQda_RbfCkHifNx1IthC7o86jECazSdyxxURl7TTIoCYkBA

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 1:01 Quote
Will have a read through that - Into motorcycles myself been loosely following this one - does look like a well orchestrated scam from the start (Sick was well organised incompetence from the start by comparison resulting in a scam)

I hear a couple of dealers now owe customers £45k for bikes they took payment for as Norton stated they were ready for delivery when really they had been double sold and sent to France....

Must have been a culture there to achieve it though, a fair amount of complicit staff happy to essentially lie and steal on behalf of Norton. Dirty.

Posted: Mar 15, 2020 at 5:09 Quote
If this is useful info to anyone, Tim's current reddit account name is timotimotimotimotimo. No skin in it for me, but do whatever you want with that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012719
Mobile Version of Website