Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 1:13 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
He didn’t ‘work for’ Sick - he was a director, an owner and the obviously most involved individual.

People didn’t drive them out of the industry, keeping peoples money without supplying product did that.

It looks like he genuinely believes he is the victim here, I do feel sorry for the staff and people around him though.

That’s the funny thing, anyone who has any knowledge of the shit show will be able to take that statement apart in seconds, but it doesn’t matter, his followers have seen it and won’t check and now it’s deleted, won’t think about it again, so the cycle continues. Doesn’t matter what he genuinely believes, the general public will never hear it from him.

My first interaction with Tim was me realising and commenting that he worked for sick, he went to great lengths to correct me ‘Work for them? I own the f***ing company!’

Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 3:35 Quote
, the Roman horde however much prefers to have blood with their steak , much like many of the the “characters” you find on the www your either with em or against em and if the horde say so and your horde is big enough your just haterz ...... truth be damned it’s irrelevant and a reason the inter webs can be a pain in the bollocks

Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
justanotherusername wrote:
He didn’t ‘work for’ Sick - he was a director, an owner and the obviously most involved individual.

People didn’t drive them out of the industry, keeping peoples money without supplying product did that.

It looks like he genuinely believes he is the victim here, I do feel sorry for the staff and people around him though.

That’s the funny thing, anyone who has any knowledge of the shit show will be able to take that statement apart in seconds, but it doesn’t matter, his followers have seen it and won’t check and now it’s deleted, won’t think about it again, so the cycle continues. Doesn’t matter what he genuinely believes, the general public will never hear it from him.

My first interaction with Tim was me realising and commenting that he worked for sick, he went to great lengths to correct me ‘Work for them? I own the f***ing company!’

The funny thing is, Jordan chose to be the face. As you said. He owned that roll.

Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
Yeah we soooo totally drove them out of the industry, even more so by giving them our money.

Hilariously sad how he's trying to pass off that he was left with a big debt, to who Royal Mail? British Telecom? Vegan Cheesemakers Association UK?

The mind really does boggle.

Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 15:15 Quote
Just stumbled onto this can somebody provide me with a TLDR?

Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 15:18 Quote
Chapter 1:
Sick! Bikes posed as a real bike company. Generated hype. Crowdfunded the production of their products. Made super posh prototypes with outlandish geometry and dressed them up with all the fanciest vaporware. Delivered few bikes. Kept people's money. Acted really sad when people were mean to them about it.

Chapter 2:
Started subsequent, non-bike businesses. Same high ratio of hype to product. Can't comment on how they raised capital, but at least they weren't publicly crowdfunding it.

Chapter 3:
Angry bike people continue to pursue Tim & Jordan. They continue to be sad and continue to not understand why people would be so mean.

Chapter 4:
Will Tim or Jordan set up a GoFundMe to help cope with the sadness? Stay tuned to find out!

Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 16:18 Quote
They created a massive social media following, along with a tshirt company.
Started making a few bikes, saying how they were the second coming of the bike industry. Anyone who questioned or criticised was issued with a sweary smack down from the directors or their fanbois. The bikes were of ropey quality, the two frontmen (owners) clearly have no clue about designing bikes, save for going to the extreme end of current standards

Bikes were sold in drops, with them taking preorders beforehand, then delivering bikes once the batch was funded. More abuse to any criticism. Appeared in all the UK mags giving it the biggun.

Seeming launched new models every week. Started doing crowdfunding for crazy projects (180mm High pivot gearbox 29er, plus others). Took the funds, never got past rendering stage.

Stories break that Marino (who was building the frames in the end) hadn’t been paid for frames they’d sold, so was selling them off himself. Sick say it’s not their fault. Keep taking preorders for a new shipment from a different supplier, same abuse to questions. Still an army of fanbois

Different supplier then says he hasn’t been paid. One one step in and buy the frames (they become the tik tik and hello Dave models). IIRC most of their suppliers were never paid.

Sick fizzle out, never apologising or taking responsibility (their insta page is still up) leaving their customers 6 figures out of pocket, some individuals over €3k, As sick are a limited company, the customers have no recourse, as the company has no money.

There are a lot more little twists and turns and outbursts, more than any soap opera. It’s been a wild ride.

Main guy is Jordan Childs. He’s had many businesses. Most have failed, save for a tattoo shop, that someone drove a motorbike though (seemingly accidentally) the other day.

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 5:31 Quote
You have to wonder about how much of the media following on Instagram was real followers though, from my own experience at one point I would interact with a very low minority compared to followers supposedly following , makes you wonder if it’s not overinflated

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 5:36 Quote
Jordan’s many and varied YouTube videos about how to build followings are pretty conclusive that it absolutely was, but I guess the way insta works means that if you have a lot of followers, even fake ones, you get shown to more people, so the whole thing snowballs.

How else does a small tattoo shop in Worthing get nearly 70,000 followers.

Sick bikes still has 23.5k followers. Santa Cruz UK page has half that.

Posted: Dec 22, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
I suspect the majority are following just to follow the drama though.

I can't use Instagram though so struggled to follow them, as apparently my account was locked when I tried to sign up (!?) and I had to send a picture of myself to Facebook to unlock it.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 4:34 Quote
Any good new gossip involving that dumb shit Jordan?

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
BrantleyB wrote:
Any good new gossip involving that dumb shit Jordan?

Jordan started a new adventure in the first lockdown producing non alcoholic beers (mash gang)

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 20:26 Quote
I’ve seen mash gang and vegan cheese. I was hoping more karma related.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 23:18 Quote
A motorbike smashed through their tattoo shop window in a hit and run…

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 2:01 Quote
Is it not time to let it go and just get on with your life?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006728
Mobile Version of Website