Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 0:09 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
rideonjon wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

Re read then think when you post please, ta!

Really,what were you trying to say.

It looks like jiberish.

Glad it’s not just me...
Nah Ti frequently does that lol. That's actually comparatively intelligible lol.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 3:32 Quote
so... is this almost week 4 of radio silence from sick?

that's an awfy bad case of the sniffles they must have

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
rideonjon wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

Re read then think when you post please, ta!

Really,what were you trying to say.

It looks like jiberish.

That she Hannah works for STW

Simple sentence really. Even a certain type of individual like yourself surely should comprehend

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
Would have made sense if you didnt add "no" before Hanna in your original response.

jibberish - "Ay wtf - look up as no Hannah is a real STW employee"

Understandable - "Ay wtf - look up as Hannah is a real STW employee"

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 9:43 Quote
Should have had a comma after no! Yes grammar NAZI!! Lol

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 9:44 Quote
Why do you lot have to be so anal over the smallest things. Even you lot rip the piss outta each other’s expensive bike builds lmao.

Newsflash all bikes well biking is good stuff!

Grow the f up people

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
Grammar, the difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you’re shit.

I normally let stuff slide, as long as I can make it out, but to say no Hannah works at STW is asking for issues.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
It’s ok I know you’re a c*nt

Cheerios amigosc*nt

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
Anyway. If anyone is out of pocket contact their accountants at the registered address and ask. Ask what plans there are etc.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
Anyway. If anyone is out of pocket contact their accountants at the registered address and ask. Ask what plans there are etc.

Exactly back on topic c*nters!

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
Grammer, the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack-off a horse.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
sacalobra wrote:

Though it may make a customer waiting on a refund / frame feel like they are getting somewhere by bugging the accountant its likely it will just be a complete waste of time, if you contacted my accountant they wouldn't tell you a thing about me, would you give out a clients private information?! Anyway, how would they know? They wont know the state of the business until the years accounts are presented to them to be filed, at which point they will be publicly available but due to the business size wont tell you a lot anyway, however much some may think otherwise.

Some people on here are borderline mental, picking random Instagram accounts that sell mtb clothes and linking them to Sick, claiming people don't actually work at Singletrack like its some conspiracy or something involving half the mtb world, get a grip.

If you are truly at the end of the line with Sick, don't waste time by effectively moaning at people who have no involvement, don't bother their accountant, wife, other business they are involved in etc, just go to trading standards, small claims, paypal, the bank, do something constructive, don't behave like a tool, its not other peoples fault and remember everyone involved is a human being, however badly you feel treated.

Well its about now they advertised the last drop of frames would be shipping, seeing as people have not received frames from the previous drop months ago its looking unlikely, unless like I say they planned this and the whole lot is going to be arriving at once by design as it was the only way it worked out to be financially viable.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
sacalobra wrote:

Though it may make a customer waiting on a refund / frame feel like they are getting somewhere by bugging the accountant its likely it will just be a complete waste of time, if you contacted my accountant they wouldn't tell you a thing about me, would you give out a clients private information?! Anyway, how would they know? They wont know the state of the business until the years accounts are presented to them to be filed, at which point they will be publicly available but due to the business size wont tell you a lot anyway, however much some may think otherwise.

Some people on here are borderline mental, picking random Instagram accounts that sell mtb clothes and linking them to Sick, claiming people don't actually work at Singletrack like its some conspiracy or something involving half the mtb world, get a grip.

If you are truly at the end of the line with Sick, don't waste time by effectively moaning at people who have no involvement, don't bother their accountant, wife, other business they are involved in etc, just go to trading standards, small claims, paypal, the bank, do something constructive, don't behave like a tool, its not other peoples fault and remember everyone involved is a human being, however badly you feel treated.

Well its about now they advertised the last drop of frames would be shipping, seeing as people have not received frames from the previous drop months ago its looking unlikely, unless like I say they planned this and the whole lot is going to be arriving at once by design as it was the only way it worked out to be financially viable.

Finally, someone had to say it! Here's the sequence; go through the list until something works:

1. Demand a refund from Sick. No negotiations, just a refund, immediately.
2. Payment reversal via credit card, PayPal, etc.
3. Trading Standards complaint.
4. Police report (unlikely, but it won't cost you).
5. Small claims court - or even a class action suit if y'all can get organized.
6. Reflect on how you got into this situation and how you can avoid it in the future.

I feel for you - I really do! For the past two years, I put my faith into working for a bike company (not Sick) that scammed me out of nearly two years of salary. Product manager, engineer, brand manager, financial advisor - I did it all. Funding was secured after the product was improved, a brand was built, and the non-cyclist owner was educated on mountain biking and product development ... then the owner bought himself a new Mercedes and refused to pay my invoices. Believe me, I get it.

Harassment won't work and complaining on a forum definitely won't. I've worked my way through a similar checklist and am now at #5 with a six-figure lawsuit. If you want your money back, sign out of Pinkbike and go get it.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
sacalobra wrote:

Sorry I should clarify as I posted in your borderline summation; Ask them if their client is still trading.

If you've read back many customers can't claim on PayPal or other payment methods as they are out of time.
Please read back.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
sacalobra wrote:

Sorry I should clarify as I posted in your borderline summation; Ask them if their client is still trading.

If you've read back many customers can't claim on PayPal or other payment methods as they are out of time.
Please read back.

I think you are missing the point - asking an accountant for information about the client isn't going to get anybody anywhere - why on earth would they discuss a clients financial position with a complete stranger?! (Are they even legally allowed to?)

If they cease trading it will be filed with HMRC and then the register updated - all publicly available information, have a look yourself - As I said before though I don't think they have any intention of doing this, they will only disappear if forced, they are not trying to steal from anyone, if they were they would be gone already, why hang around?

As I say, stop encouraging people to involve 3rd parties, if you are out of time with paypal etc then R-M-R has all of the following steps listed, spend time being productive and going down the right channels not pissing about phoning accountants who have almost nothing to do with anything other than filing their accounts with HMRC.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024293
Mobile Version of Website