Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 15:34 Quote
Yup, unfortunately i hit up PayPal on day 185.

As off tangent as this thread gets, at least the shit show is consistent. I really do wonder how Realistic it would be to put together a class action lawsuit. Not sure if that’s the correct terminology, but definitely a group of people all in one settlement. I know it can get weird with it being in a different country. Sick has ignored my last three emails asking for a refund so looks like a lawyer may be my only chance.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 17:42 Quote
ranjomandolin wrote:
so... is this almost week 4 of radio silence from sick?

that's an awfy bad case of the sniffles they must have

Yeah they're no longer even bothering to reply to my emails asking after the refund they lied about sending me.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
JustinSBC wrote:
ranjomandolin wrote:
so... is this almost week 4 of radio silence from sick?

that's an awfy bad case of the sniffles they must have

Yeah they're no longer even bothering to reply to my emails asking after the refund they lied about sending me.

When have they ever bothered to respond? The longest response I got from them was from James, and that was only when I said he was as useful as a chocolate teapot on The STW forum. He still didn’t answer my actual questions though.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
BrantleyB wrote:
Yup, unfortunately i hit up PayPal on day 185.

As off tangent as this thread gets, at least the shit show is consistent. I really do wonder how Realistic it would be to put together a class action lawsuit. Not sure if that’s the correct terminology, but definitely a group of people all in one settlement. I know it can get weird with it being in a different country. Sick has ignored my last three emails asking for a refund so looks like a lawyer may be my only chance.

They have ignored mine as well.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 0:02 Quote
Yeah, lets try and keep this on track and not start fighting/bickering amongst each other.

Some sound advice on the previous page.

I'm not sure why anyone in the UK hasn't started legal proceedings via the small claims court. Unless those in this thread have, but they don't want to broadcast it, which is understandable.

The lack of social media action from the Sick guys seems a little out of character, but then if we look at it as a glass half full.... maybe they have been too busy send out frames, chasing titanium builds, organising a business loan to issue refunds...…… maybe?!

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
I suspect they may be a bit more worried about an editorial piece from STW than you suspect. Bad comments in a forum they’ll ignore, bad editorial will make them a bit twitchier. If they do have a consignment due they may be trying to get some product out there so they can say what nice guys they are and they have changed, also a lack of recent bad behaviour on social media makes it easier for them to act all innocent.
It’s one thing slagging off the forum and it’s users but they never are rude about the main websites or Singletrack magazine, they need that goodwill.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 0:33 Quote
They're back!

With comments disabled

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 0:37 Quote
as if by magic....

AND HERE TO STAY.
Full story to come soon.
Don't believe 100% of everything you have read.
Importantly everyone will be seen to, no-one will be left out. Any problems, questions, refunds, orders, crowdfund projects or even hellos will be answered, but it will take a short while to get to everyone as we will ensure everyone is happy.

We also have a big surprise for everyone coming soon along with a huge thank you for your patience. All of you.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 0:40 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
as if by magic....

AND HERE TO STAY.
Full story to come soon.
Don't believe 100% of everything you have read.
Importantly everyone will be seen to, no-one will be left out. Any problems, questions, refunds, orders, crowdfund projects or even hellos will be answered, but it will take a short while to get to everyone as we will ensure everyone is happy.

We also have a big surprise for everyone coming soon along with a huge thank you for your patience. All of you.

big surprise? investor? actual delivery of frames?

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 0:51 Quote
Pulling someone up on their grammar, when you can't spell grammar, is ironic gold mate.

sq225917 wrote:
Grammer, the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack-off a horse.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 1:11 Quote
mr-ed wrote:
It’s one thing slagging off the forum and it’s users but they never are rude about the main websites or Singletrack magazine, they need that goodwill.

There are plenty of customers who don't frequent these tiny little fish bowls someone the other day on another tin pot group full of opinion mouthpieces pointed out how interesting it is to watch from the sidelines

This should be turned into a parody soap opera....will they make it won't they make it will their reputation survive find out next week

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 1:19 Quote
Compositepro wrote:
mr-ed wrote:

There are plenty of customers who don't frequent these tiny little fish bowls someone the other day on another tin pot group full of opinion mouthpieces pointed out how interesting it is to watch from the sidelines

This should be turned into a parody soap opera....will they make it won't they make it will their reputation survive find out next week

aye, folk on forums always think their reach and influence is much, much bigger than it is and in reality it really isn't anything to worry about for brands.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 1:20 Quote
Radley-Shreddington wrote:
Pulling someone up on their grammar, when you can't spell grammar, is ironic gold mate.

sq225917 wrote:
Grammer, the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack-off a horse.

I haven't got a pot to piss in when it comes to writing shit (and it mostly is) but

https://writingexplained.org/grammar-or-grammer-difference

https://writingexplained.org/grammar-or-grammer-difference#When_to_Use_Grammer

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 1:22 Quote
So the news is:

It will all be fine.
We're a bit busy but everyone will be OK. We just can't do it now.

So... no change from their usual shit. Why did they even put that up? They should have given out a few details that offer hope other than their totally discredited promises?

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 1:26 Quote
ranjomandolin wrote:
Compositepro wrote:
mr-ed wrote:

aye, folk on forums always think their reach and influence is much, much bigger than it is and in reality it really isn't anything to worry about for brands.

whilst I agree when it comes to bigger, more established brands, I think the small ones can still suffer from 'forum opinion'. I mean if you google sick bikes, i'm sure not far down the list this thread or the one of STW will pop up (I haven't actually done it, so could be wrong), which may well put potential customers off.

Here's hoping that if nothing else, Sick realise the errors and moving forward run their business in a more professional way. And obviously those out of pocket get their refunds etc.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011713
Mobile Version of Website