Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: May 10, 2019 at 3:39 Quote
As a outsider who has followed this thread for ages now it’s mixed feelings about the articles on here and Singletrack.

On one hand I’m glad that the mountain bike community are now aware of their shady practices, lies and the poor customers who are still trying to find a resolution (refund or a actual frame ). On the other hand this could be the beginning of the end for them which could mean lots of people losing out completely.

They probably thought the interview would help but it’s seems it’s only made it worse for them.

Maybe the frame builders would be happy to sell the built frames direct at wholesale prices and then it gets you riding whilst waiting on the CC companies to get your cash back.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 3:40 Quote
f*ck these pricks, I'd go down and take my money out of his lying face.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 3:42 Quote
@dinde - Ill ask this one again, do you not think you should contact them again as you have not done so in months, even if you just use the response in small claims if thats the way you go with things?

They are so disorganised / in the shit do you expect them to deal with someone who has essentially left them to it (and someone they probably owe more money to than anyone) when there are others that are bombarding them with email and paypal / credit card disputes?

How is the small claims process going btw?

Oh, and as you say the PB article is probably little more than a platform to allow Sick to air their own view of the situation rather than actual investigative journalism because the guy who wrote it is the same guy that worked for Dirt and did this - https://dirtmountainbike.com/features/sick-cycles-mountain-bike-menagerie.html and this https://dirtmountainbike.com/features/sick-bicycle-co-fighting-talk.html and this https://dirtmountainbike.com/bike-reviews/trail-enduro-bikes/titaniumcarbon-sick-releases-blue.html and others - Hardly impartial, The singletrack / Hannah article is much better though questions were swerved.

Please, for the love of god Dinde, get on with getting your money back, I think the steel frame guys will get seen to (Just a theory but I think those with outstanding steel hardtail orders will be offered stuff from the incoming taiwainese made big batch) but you are well out of pocket and the picture of the failed Ti full sus is worrying.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 5:40 Quote
@justanotherusername

I agree with you. I probably will try getting in touch once more and see where it leads. Suppose, I'm looking to all this from a grown up, responsible persons view and expect them to be the same, especially when you decide to run a business and take people's money. I'm probably wrong.
Small claims got on hold since James(pb) reached out. Hoped for the best and a better outcome towards distressed customers though. Noticed they've changed business address too just in time before sending it out. Filing paperwork, getting hold of solicitor etc all takes time.
They have been given plenty of time, deadlines and final demand already. Haven't responded to any of it.
I really hope my name is on that priority list on JC/TA desk they've mentioned.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
I’d be amazed if they had a desk.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 6:36 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:

It's on its way, just held up in customs.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

lol

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

I heard it was ready to collect in IKEA but they wont send it as they haven't paid for a desk yet ... Wink

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 7:07 Quote
Desks are pre-order only

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
From what I've read on steel is real on fb,

It's not just customers that got scammed, seems that some people actually in the bike industry got scammed too.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 7:50 Quote
threeofswords wrote:

It's not just customers that got scammed, seems that some people actually in the bike industry got scammed too.

As I mentioned earlier, my last employer, a recent start-up bike company, owes me almost two years of salary. If you think a company is bad to customers, you can bet they're even worse to employees.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
threeofswords wrote:

As I mentioned earlier, my last employer, a recent start-up bike company, owes me almost two years of salary. If you think a company is bad to customers, you can bet they're even worse to employees.

And usually worse still to other companies....

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
threeofswords wrote:

And usually worse still to other companies....

Factories and vendors do often get a bad deal. Generally, it's a matter of bullying those who are smaller than you. A small factory that needs the work or a small component vendor may offer products and services without payment in advance. When dealing with a vendor larger than yourself, they usually require payment up front from questionable clients.

In my case, the company promptly paid every vendor that had the power to actually halt the company or didn't turn over work product until paid; an employee who foolishly turned over his work product with faith that invoices will be paid did not have that power. The latter describes me and is analogous to pre-order customers.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
"As I mentioned earlier, my last employer, a recent start-up bike company, owes me almost two years of salary. If you think a company is bad to customers, you can bet they're even worse to employees"

Why on earth did you work for so long without pay?

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
Possibly freelancer and to get name/work on CV?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006239
Mobile Version of Website