Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: May 23, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
so is anyone going through with marino's offer to buy the frames? 320 bucks doesn't seem to bad if you can bite off the shipping bullet!
or is everyone too jaded to even want them anymore ?

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
Lardarse wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

fair play if they get everyone refunded so ill reserve judgement until they all get their money back, but for now is same email, different day

???? Reserve judgement. ????

It seems you’ve been shitting on them a long time, here and on STW.
How would them settling up with me and other customers change your judgement.

I’ve always said actions speak louder than words, if they settle up with people (rather than say they will) then credit where credit is due. There have been comments from people saying they have no customers, they have no frames, they never did, it’s all vapourware. I’ve corrected those people as i want the facts to be out, no exaggeration or misdirection.

I issued a retraction re customer service James and his role at sick on STW after he mailed me saying I was wrong to say he worked for them. He doesn’t, and never has.

If the facts make it seem like I’m shitting on them, well...

Am I the bad guy here? Have I taken peoples money and not provided what they paid for? Have I not paid the suppliers of those products? Have I maintained this is not a problem, while trying to sell more products I don’t yet have to people?

If they actually do something measurable about the problems, rather than tell people what they are going to do about it, or rewording old emails, I will highlight it, you have my word.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 13:22 Quote
bicyclepubes wrote:
v7fmp wrote:
I wonder who will 'replace' Jordan once he 'steps down'.

me.

Please

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
roninagent23 wrote:
so is anyone going through with marino's offer to buy the frames? 320 bucks doesn't seem to bad if you can bite off the shipping bullet!

I'd have one.

The issue is spiked welds etc. Where was those Sick frames from? Taiwan, China or Peru?

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
Just buy this instead

https://www.dmrbikes.com/Catalogue/Frames/Hard-Tail/Trailstar

£320

Will turn up

Won't break

If it breaks DMR are there

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
Inertiatic wrote:
Just buy this instead

https://www.dmrbikes.com/Catalogue/Frames/Hard-Tail/Trailstar

£320

Will turn up

Won't break

If it breaks DMR are there

Bloody ugly though.

Saying that the uglier the frame the better it rides I found.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 14:37 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Lardarse wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

fair play if they get everyone refunded so ill reserve judgement until they all get their money back, but for now is same email, different day

???? Reserve judgement. ????

It seems you’ve been shitting on them a long time, here and on STW.
How would them settling up with me and other customers change your judgement.

I’ve always said actions speak louder than words, if they settle up with people (rather than say they will) then credit where credit is due. There have been comments from people saying they have no customers, they have no frames, they never did, it’s all vapourware. I’ve corrected those people as i want the facts to be out, no exaggeration or misdirection.

I issued a retraction re customer service James and his role at sick on STW after he mailed me saying I was wrong to say he worked for them. He doesn’t, and never has.

If the facts make it seem like I’m shitting on them, well...

Am I the bad guy here? Have I taken peoples money and not provided what they paid for? Have I not paid the suppliers of those products? Have I maintained this is not a problem, while trying to sell more products I don’t yet have to people?

If they actually do something measurable about the problems, rather than tell people what they are going to do about it, or rewording old emails, I will highlight it, you have my word.

Tell that to my mate,

James fking lied to him for months, I know for a fact that if my mate sees him he's fked. Same go's for Jordan too.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
sacalobra wrote:

I'd have one.

The issue is spiked welds etc. Where was those Sick frames from? Taiwan, China or Peru?

WTF are "spiked welds"?

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 16:05 Quote
rideonjon wrote:
sacalobra wrote:

I'd have one.

WTF are "spiked welds"?

caused by pretty poor welding technique could be anything from bits of filler rod or contamination in the weld because its rough arse and cheap

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 17:07 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
roninagent23 wrote:

I'd have one.

Apparently the spiked welds came via the China factory. Wouldn't happen with Marino (Peru). I'm sure Taiwan is fine considering the majority of us have or had a bike made there.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 22:20 Quote
Thing about the far East quality is you get what you pay for so, if the welds are shit it's because......

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 22:25 Quote
...nobody paid for them at all? Wink

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 0:57 Quote
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
sacalobra wrote:
roninagent23 wrote:

I'd have one.

Apparently the spiked welds came via the China factory. Wouldn't happen with Marino (Peru). I'm sure Taiwan is fine considering the majority of us have or had a bike made there.

Yeah for definite it’s not Marino’s frames that had any issues. I know for a fact that if he’s not happy with his work he will redo it before shipping. Dude cares far more for his customers then Sick ever has.

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 2:36 Quote
hes currently replacing the chain stays on my frame because he wasnt happy with them

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 4:58 Quote
Marino’s current ig story is telling

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021404
Mobile Version of Website