Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: May 26, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
Hillfarmer wrote:
It’s now being 3-4 days since sick released their latest tug on the heart strings statement saying they were going to sort refunds / arrange different frames etc, is anyone aware of any refunds being issued? Or was it just the usual BS delay tactic.

My refund popped up on my PayPal account yesterday morning. Will take a few days before it clears properly.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
Gackt wrote:
Hillfarmer wrote:
It’s now being 3-4 days since sick released their latest tug on the heart strings statement saying they were going to sort refunds / arrange different frames etc, is anyone aware of any refunds being issued? Or was it just the usual BS delay tactic.

My refund popped up on my PayPal account yesterday morning. Will take a few days before it clears properly.

That’s hopefully then. I noticed that their Facebook page has disappeared, they hadn’t used it for a number of months after getting pasted by customers waiting on frames, so thought they had dropped off the side of the planet, clearly not if you have been refunded. Maybe they are trying to get their shit together.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 17:46 Quote
Gackt wrote:
Hillfarmer wrote:

Was that on PayPal’s end or sick’s end.?

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
BrantleyB wrote:
Gackt wrote:
Hillfarmer wrote:

Was that on PayPal’s end or sick’s end.?

Not sure. The refund case hit 30 days and then PayPal asked me for more info, which I provided. It went on for another 9 or so days, at which point I mailed both Sick and PayPal with general inquires as to where my refund was up to. My PayPal account got refunded the next day. Couldn't say if my queries had sped things up, or if they had just then gotten to my refund request.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
So that's a refund given by PayPal that was within PayPal's timelines not one volunteered by Sick in any shape or form.

I.e. PayPal chargebacked.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
What do PayPal do if they issue a refund and there’s no money in the account? Or have they refunded because sick have made funds available?

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
When I issued a refund on eBay and it wasn't in my account it just went negative.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
What do PayPal do if they issue a refund and there’s no money in the account? Or have they refunded because sick have made funds available?

That’s likely why PayPal suspended their account - they offer protection to the seller and ultimately will fund the refund if there is no money in the account, they will attempt to recover this money from the seller though - probably a ‘clever’ idea to let PayPal deal with refunds out of its pocket if you are struggling for cash flow but they will start debt collection.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
So that's a refund given by PayPal that was within PayPal's timelines not one volunteered by Sick in any shape or form.

I.e. PayPal chargebacked.

I think it would be speculation to say definitively one way or the other. PayPal say that once a refund dispute has been escalated to a claim, things are usually resolved in 10-14 days, some may take up to 30 days and a few may go over 30 days.

https://www.paypal.com/cs/smarthelp/article/how-long-does-it-take-to-resolve-a-dispute-or-claim-faq1560

The refund transaction on my statement says "You received £1,270.00 from the user Sick Bicycle Co.", so I'm not sure if it's just phrased that way because it was who the transaction was originally with and that PayPal have covered the cost and will seek it from Sick, or if that Sick actively volunteered the money themselves. It's just an opinion, but I'm inclined to say the latter.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
I don't think they'll have volunteered it otherwise others would have refunds.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
I don't think they'll have volunteered it otherwise others would have refunds.

It's possible that they have. Not everyone seeking a refund is necessarily actively posting here, or is even aware of this thread. The process, and time required, for a refund might differ depending on the method of payment. I paid through PayPal credit; does anyone know if that would be easier or more difficult to refund compared to cash, credit card or a normal PayPal transfer?
Also, as it's apparently Jordan alone that's attending to the refunds, now, it might take him a while to get through all of them.
I don't mean to imply that what you're saying isn't true, but unless anyone can shed some light on the matter, it's simply speculation.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 17:12 Quote
Hillfarmer wrote:

All I've had is a reply saying my email's been received and that I'll be assigned a ticket. Has anyone gotten further than me? Would be good to know that something is actually happening.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 17:15 Quote
A f*cking bus ticket maybe.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 21:50 Quote
JustinSBC wrote:
Hillfarmer wrote:

All I've had is a reply saying my email's been received and that I'll be assigned a ticket. Has anyone gotten further than me? Would be good to know that something is actually happening.

I haven't even got that lol. I sent them an email and they never replied.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 22:46 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2555632/ the frame is new ,is short me the brand not replacent....

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020926
Mobile Version of Website