Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
stevesturt wrote:
The thick plottens

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2576325275713001&id=113910031954550&notif_t=comment_mention&notif_id=1560276557094838&ref=m_notif
Christ they're awful. Itd also only take about 10 minutes to whip something like that up in
solidworks haha, wonder how much R&D sick would claim went in to them

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
stevesturt wrote:
The thick plottens

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2576325275713001&id=113910031954550&notif_t=comment_mention&notif_id=1560276557094838&ref=m_notif
Christ they're awful. Itd also only take about 10 minutes to whip something like that up in
solidworks haha, wonder how much R&D sick would claim went in to them

As long as it took to look at a picture of Brooklyn Machine Works Shin Burgers from BITD? (Or anything they made)

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 17:11 Quote
shin burgers were shit the first time around and now with a discount manufacturer its going to be even worse

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 17:12 Quote
Shin burgers were never about performance lol

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 0:01 Quote
Looks like they are VAT regd

which means if the VAT aint been paid HMRC just got ticket number 1 in the queue

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 1:30 Quote
Compositepro wrote:

which means if the VAT aint been paid HMRC just got ticket number 1 in the queue

I should have checked rather than speculating but where's the fun in that.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 1:36 Quote
Rubber-Buccaneer wrote:
Compositepro wrote:

I should have checked rather than speculating but where's the fun in that.

No its a good point see

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 2:06 Quote
Compositepro wrote:

I wondered if they were, well that’s one place a huge chunk of money can disappear to, especially if you haven’t planned for it - been there myself, it can be crippling and as CompositePro says - you don’t piss about with the VAT office so if they probably got paid first.

Lots of sales (crowd fund plus a months ‘drop’) plus no purchase invoices yet, as they sell months in advance = one nasty VAT bill.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 2:14 Quote
justanotherusername wrote:
Compositepro wrote:

I wondered if they were, well that’s one place a huge chunk of money can disappear to, especially if you haven’t planned for it - been there myself, it can be crippling and as CompositePro says - you don’t piss about with the VAT office so if they probably got paid first.

Lots of sales (crowd fund plus a months ‘drop’) plus no purchase invoices yet, as they sell months in advance = one nasty VAT bill.
Would it show on their records (on companies house) if this was paid?

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 2:16 Quote
Nope VAT has nothing to do with your companies tax return.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 3:17 Quote
Compositepro wrote:

As soon as they start digging they'll gather the sales, the money raised - all posted on the internet. They'll then want 20% plus costs.

Always always always set aside your vat. A foolish person ignores this basic premise.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 3:57 Quote
Before getting too excited about the tax affairs of Sick! remember no one here knows much about what income the company had, what expenses, what was in the name of Tim or Jordan rather than the company, what trade is being done under the other Sick Corp company etc. For example the Indiegogo campaigns appear to be in Tim's name, I have no idea whether that £30k will go in the Sick! accounts, Tim's pocket or somewhere else. No idea at all.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 4:27 Quote
Rubber-Buccaneer wrote:
Before getting too excited about the tax affairs of Sick! remember no one here knows much about what income the company had, what expenses, what was in the name of Tim or Jordan rather than the company, what trade is being done under the other Sick Corp company etc. For example the Indiegogo campaigns appear to be in Tim's name, I have no idea whether that £30k will go in the Sick! accounts, Tim's pocket or somewhere else. No idea at all.

Hopefully they wont have been daft enough to do anything in their own names for their own sakes...whole different can of worms not using the limiting liability of a co

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
Sounds like Jordan’s moved onto cheese making now.... (reliably informed by someone I know that lives in that part of the uk) - fact is sometimes stranger than fiction.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
Sounds like Jordan’s moved onto cheese making now.... (reliably informed by someone I know that lives in that part of the uk) - fact is sometimes stranger than fiction.

Didn’t think you could make cheese from bullshit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018462
Mobile Version of Website