1992 Cannondale M2000

PB Forum :: Cannondale
1992 Cannondale M2000
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
My dad has an old M2000 that has been through a lot of use and updates in parts etc. He is no longer able to ride rough trails with his FS bikes and has been thinking of putting his old trustworthy M2000 to good use. I have had an idea for a few years to renovate it to a relatively original state but haven't started on it yet.

Do you think it would be worth it? I know it could turn out to be expensive, but it's a classic frame and the frame itself is in perfectly good working order.

I can look for a picture of the bike but these are the parts that I know for sure that have been changed:

Fork has been switched to a suspension fork (original pepperoni fork was recalled from factory and switched to a suspension fork)
Headset has been swapped to a Chris King
Stem and Handlebar have been switched

I'm not sure but I think the drivetrain is mostly original but has been tuned with a bash ring.

So I'm asking if you guys think it's doable with a reasonable budget? I'm not looking to spend thousands to find the original parts. I think the fork is the biggest issue but the stem and handle bar might turn out to be difficult as well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013638
Mobile Version of Website