Rowdy 130mm trail bikes?

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Rowdy 130mm trail bikes?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 2:00 Quote
Hi Ya'll,

I'm looking for some recommendations for fun rowdy 27.5 wheeled 130mm trail frame,
I really want to build a lighter handling, poppy trail bike but still with some ability to handle
some ruff & a few descents.

things that have so far caught my eye are:
Evil Calling
Santa Cruz 5010
Sick Ghettoblaster

All seem like they could fit the bill just wanted some more suggestions to throw into the pot.
I do partially love the calling but i'm not a massive fan of carbon, or the price tag.

ali and steel frames would be the preference for me.

Cheers tup

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 4:52 Quote
Bird 120LT? Love mine and cheaper than those you've listed depending on spec.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 5:07 Quote
The ghettoblaster is actually cheaper than the bird albetit by 50 Squid.

But yeas totally the issue is price, was saving for a calling last year. But a series of car issues have left my budget ravaged worse than a northern village after the vikings had past through...
I don't really want to look at a second hand evil with them being carbon and with the pivot wear issues so meh next.

Just need some other ideas of what to look at and test ride.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Similar boat last year, was looking at the 5010, also considering transition scout. Ended up buying a banshee spitfire frame and doing my own build on it. A little longer travel 140 rear 150 front, but still very responsive trail bike. Descends very well in low/slack setting.

Diamondback Release, Trek Fuel EX, Process 134/Satori, Trance, Scout, Smuggler, Stumpjumper, Stumpy ST, Habit

MonocoqueStylee wrote:

Sick Ghettoblaster

Anything but that, tbh. Partly because its more of a slopestyle/DJ bike, and will be garbage to pedal further than off a start ramp but mostly on account of these threads

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-sick-experance/
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=211801&pagenum=1

Basically 7 or 8 folk who haven't had frames as promised (despite waiting 6-12 months after original promise date), and have been ignored/fobbed off when asked for refunds. I'm not saying they won't deliver, but that if you do go for it, use a credit card or paypal, so you have backup if/when they don't.

I've a 5010 and it's close to as perfect a trail bike as I can conceive.

Posted: 13 hours ago Quote
I'm too old to be ROWDY but like earlier post this thread I HIGHLY recommend the Santa Cruz 5010 Plus, awesome 130mm bike, cannot say enough good stuff about mine. Hit some enduro lines yesterday & the short travel & 2.6 tires on wide ass rims was just like riding my old 150mm Kona Coiler. It's just the ALUM version, weighs about 33.5 lbs but on the trail handles like a 30 lb bike!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016566
Mobile Version of Website