SRAM GX Eagle derailleur ripped itself apart

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
SRAM GX Eagle derailleur ripped itself apart
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 24, 2020 at 18:57 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
Old-ish thread I know, but just including my experience.

In 6 months I've had 2 GX mechs blow up on me on flat terrain, but under acceleration.

Same thing; threaded boss on the inner cage plate gets ripped off. Jockey wheel blows to bits. End of ride.

Sram can suck it. The clutch is shit too; kept dropping chains on big hits.

Gonna buy a Shimano XT mech and keep the GX shifter.

Same as everyone else here, upper jockey wheel bolt sheared off and dropped the top wheel. Rear mech ends up twisted and screwed up lucky to not f&ck my rear wheel. Screw you SRAM and your POS eagle system, saving for a XT M8100 12 speed rear mech now.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 15:50 Quote
"In 6 months I've had 2 GX mechs blow up on me on flat terrain, but under acceleration."

Here I thought it was just me! Two cages in six months! I upgraded from a blown NX, to GX, and still seems to catch on everything! The NX blew up, and GX just deformed. Long cage fails? They seem to be magnets for debris, also, which doesn't help. Getting really paranoid about pedaling at all.

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 18:17 Quote
If it makes you feel better I had an SLX split its backbone clean in half through the adjustment screws. Had to rig single speed out 8 miles of Rugged terrain blew the chain breaker and coasted/foot paddled the last 3. Rear wheel literally ate the turd for lunch. Surprisingly not even a bent spoke. Gotta love dt swiss.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006754
Mobile Version of Website