Best Trail Bikes Under $2,500 (Used or New)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best Trail Bikes Under $2,500 (Used or New)
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 13:59 Quote
stumphumper92 wrote:
Alanlownsberry wrote:
leocompositing wrote:
Trek Remedy 8 is one of the best value for money you can get one a mountain bike. Great shredder and it climbs ok.
I dont mind the Remedy, but I think the YT Jeffsey CF is probably the best bike for the money. 28lb, awesome climbing ability, and destroys downhills.

That's a good bike now pull the trigger. Now you have to decide between a 27.5 and 29 since they make both. More decisions....

I need to find the right one at the right price now. 2017 or 2018 model. With a budget of 2500, I'm limited.

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 13:59 Quote
I think I'll do 27.5, more nimble

Posted: Feb 15, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
You should look into Ibis Mojo HD3 or HD4. If you keep an eye out in the Buy / Sell you might strike gold. You just need to check the sites religiously everyday. It took me months but I found my HD3 for 2300 with carbon hoops and XTR build. The thing looks brand new and rides as such.

Posted: Feb 15, 2019 at 8:00 Quote
That bike is pretty enduro focused.

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
nwjekyll wrote:
2018 Sentinel
That would probably be my second option!
Hard to find a used one!

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
I would agree that YT is great bang for the buck. Remedy is a great bike if your interested in the downhill aspect. Fuel Ex's are great climbers and do a great job of getting you down. I have a Fuel Ex 8 which I was hesitant about buying due to me believing that I needed more than the 130 mm of travel. I tried one and haven't looked back. 130 of travel is more than enough for what I need and I rarely bottom out, especially with all the different trails here in Santa Cruz and Lake Tahoe. PInk bike has lots of good bikes, especially if your a first timer and are getting into the sport. Second hand is always great. Save some cash and spend it on upgrades. Demo bikes, see what you like and pull the trigger. Happy riding homie.

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
eddie154 wrote:
I would agree that YT is great bang for the buck. Remedy is a great bike if your interested in the downhill aspect. Fuel Ex's are great climbers and do a great job of getting you down. I have a Fuel Ex 8 which I was hesitant about buying due to me believing that I needed more than the 130 mm of travel. I tried one and haven't looked back. 130 of travel is more than enough for what I need and I rarely bottom out, especially with all the different trails here in Santa Cruz and Lake Tahoe. PInk bike has lots of good bikes, especially if your a first timer and are getting into the sport. Second hand is always great. Save some cash and spend it on upgrades. Demo bikes, see what you like and pull the trigger. Happy riding homie.
Thanks for the info man!

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 22:12 Quote
Alanlownsberry wrote:
stumphumper92 wrote:
I don't know too much about Cannondale but is there anything in particular pointing you towards it other than price? I would try and look for something with a Sram Eagle drive terrain if you find yourself climbing more. gives you an extra gear vs the 1x11 but specs seem decent enough

I will be defending more than climbing. But I'll still do some 10-15mile trails with some decent climbs.
I'm looking at a YT Jeffsy cf1, Cannondale trigger 3, Santa cruise Bronson and 5010z, Giant anthem x 0, Intense models, etc
I just cant land on if I want new and upgrade or used and get a lot of bike and risk issues from previous ware and tear.

If it were me id probably buy an intense primer, spider it recluse. They are cheap but the downside is poor resale value (reason why they are so cheap). They are great bikes and I personally stand by their products (this is my first intense btw). YT jeffsy is also a great bike. I don't personally like Cannondale but thats just my opinion.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010857
Mobile Version of Website