New Tues Sizing

PB Forum :: YT Industries
New Tues Sizing
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
Anyone out there with a 2019 Tues riding a size small. I’m 5’6 and like a bike I can throw around. Is a small crazy small or is the size chart guidance more longer top tube trend related. Any feedback appreciated from short people riding smalls or medium with the redesigned Tues sizing. Thanks

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 11:29 Quote
I didn't get a chance to try mine at the trails yet ( only a few more weeks to go ) - my last bike was a Kona Process 153, size Medium; I'm also 5'6

I feel like this frame fits great, a tiny little bit smaller than the Kona's frame - I considered getting a Large frame but I'm happy I got Medium, I think Small would have been too nimble, but I'm installing body firmware 4.0 this year so I won't be doing much throwing around stuff anymore;

If I don't have one posted I'll send ya later a picture of me beside the bike so you have an idea of the frame size - not much of a help I know but until I get the injury sorted that's all I have for ya

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 12:01 Quote

That's about the size of it - hope this helps !

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
Thanks for the pic man, super helpful. At this point I'm leaning toward the medium as the small I was looking at is shipping out 7-10-19 which is way to long of a wait.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
glad i could help ( a bit ) - let me know when you have it and how do you find it !

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
Hey man - got green light to go for an easy spin and tried the bike - got it roughly set up and hit the trails;

It felt like the size was perfect - a smaller bike would certainly be more nimble and easier to throw around, a larger size and I'd certainly would have to mess around with reach;

I got a 40mm rise bar and left it at 800 just to feel the difference before I cut it down - but definitely being cut to 780 this weekend;

Pedals very well, handles great, feels like a tank; what. a. bike !

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 20:30 Quote
Thanks for the update. I ended up ordering a small. I definitely want more of a throw it around type of sizing. I keep reading about people running large and xl and being under 6’. Not sure if this is trendy or if people just don’t know what they’re missing.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 2:29 Quote
I think their choice makes sense - if I was living in Andorra I'd definitely would go for a Large - but my trails aren't as steep and fast and long, so medium is a much better option for me

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 21:31 Quote
I went with XL at 6’ 1/2” on the 29’er. It'll be here Thursday. My plan is a -6mm reach reduction headset and maybe a 30 or 40mm stem. I'm on an XL Scott Ransom now (499mm reach as a 29er) but swapped from a 50mm to a 32mm stem and it's perfect. The XL Tues is 505mm stock. I'll swap headsets first to see if that's enough and then stems next if necessary.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 21:09 Quote
Got 10 miles of shuttle laps in tonight on my 2019 Tues 29 xtra long. I'm 6' 1/2" with a 33" inseam and it's damn close to perfect. I think I'm going to swap to a 40mm stem and go from there. If I still need a little more (honestly doubt it). I'll probably try the reach reducing headset from Works Components.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015210
Mobile Version of Website