Fox 40 rc2 spring spacers

PB Forum :: Downhill
Fox 40 rc2 spring spacers
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 8:47 Quote
I know this is a slightly lazy question ,
But I've just fitted a set of 2005/2006 fox 40s to my tr450 & so far have only used 160mm of travel. I was wandering to myself if previous owner may have swapped the travel spacers around . I know I could pop the top cap to check but just wandered if I were to push down / bounce as hard as I can on front end how far I should expect the forks to cycle through there travel, as a ruff gauge to if its worth my time finding a 32mm socket ?

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
Your going to have to open it.
sometimes a 11/4" socket fits tight.
youll need to grind or turn it flat tho.
you can use a crescent wrench, just wiggle it and tighten the screw so there is no slop, if you have a heat gun or hair dryer warm it up so so you apply the minimum amount of force to unscrew it without damaging it.

a 11/4" box end wrench and a belt sander is another option.

Posted: Feb 15, 2019 at 7:21 Quote
englertracing wrote:
Your going to have to open it.
sometimes a 11/4" socket fits tight.
youll need to grind or turn it flat tho.
you can use a crescent wrench, just wiggle it and tighten the screw so there is no slop, if you have a heat gun or hair dryer warm it up so so you apply the minimum amount of force to unscrew it without damaging it.

a 11/4" box end wrench and a belt sander is another option.

Thanks for your message , I managed to find a large spanner at work that fitted so have opened it uP , i've got the 4 spacers up top , so looks set for 8" travel , however having pulled the spring to check , it has a no colour code , the spring is plain silver & has no heat shrink or markings on it.. Im not sure if this was stock , or an aftermarket items been fitted.?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007346
Mobile Version of Website