Looking to upgrade internals of RockShox Recon Silver

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Looking to upgrade internals of RockShox Recon Silver
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 16:01 Quote
All,

I have a 2016 Trek X-Caliber 8 27.5 rig that I love.... Minus the RockShox Recon Silver forks..

I've been told I can change out the internals spring and make it an air shock.

From what I can tell, I'm going to need RockShox Spring Internals Left Recon Gold 26 27.5 29 100mm Solo Air, fork oil and I'd like to get a damper if possible.

Here's the ebay link for the solo air internals..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RockShox-Spring-Internals-Left-Recon-Gold-26-27-5-29-100mm-Solo-Air/302602210620

Can anyone offer up suggestions, links, videos etc?

Thanks In Advance!!!

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
I'm almost certain this would not work. Main problem I would think is that the solo air springs are supposed to equalize the air from positive to negative via a small dimple in the stantion , which your fork likely wont have. Other consideration would be that since a coil spring has been riding the inside of the stanchion, that surface may never hold air properly.

If I was you, I'd just look into buying a different fork.

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
TwoWheelMike wrote:
I'm almost certain this would not work. Main problem I would think is that the solo air springs are supposed to equalize the air from positive to negative via a small dimple in the stantion , which your fork likely wont have. Other consideration would be that since a coil spring has been riding the inside of the stanchion, that surface may never hold air properly.

If I was you, I'd just look into buying a different fork.

Mike, thanks for the info. The dimple you mention.. Do you know where I could find it by chance?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
So I'm not 100%, but I think the rockshox solo air springs are supposed to have the dimple roughly 3-4 inches into the stanchion.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009760
Mobile Version of Website