Commencal Supreme DH29 Size

PB Forum :: Downhill
Commencal Supreme DH29 Size
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 7:37 Quote
Hi All!
I am in the process of choosing a DH bike but lack confidence on the Supreme sizing to guesstimate how it could feel. I stand a daunting 5'10" - this height appears to be at the top end of Medium but the very bottom of Large.

I find with most brands I am squarely in the large threshold; however, with Commencal I sit oddly in between. Commencal Canada has offered some good perspective (riding style would dictate choice and either could work) but I would like to confirm with anyone who actually owns. I can't use my riding style as I am just getting back into DH/Park since Specialized Big Hit experts were a thing Cool

Plan: Ride bike parks & the odd shuttle trip on Moose. Unlikely but I might race the old man (30+ Razz ) class in select BC Cups

Current Bike: Capra (L)
L YT CF Capra Pro: Reach 465MM Wheelbase 1,223 MM
L Comm Supreme: Reach 470 MM Wheelbase 1,283 MM
M Comm Supreme: Reach 430 MM Wheelbase 1,258 MM

Link to bike for Sizing
https://www.commencalcanada.com/supreme-dh-29-team-2019-c2x26305654

Personally I am leaning towards the M. I am also considering SC V10 and Intense M16C

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
I just bought a large. The bike comes with a 50mm stem, so I also bought a 30mm Deity Micro stem to tighten up the cockpit if need be. I prefer the longer wheelbase for my type of riding style, and it's more forgiving for my slightly older self while in races for slightly older people

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
Mntneer wrote:
I just bought a large. The bike comes with a 50mm stem, so I also bought a 30mm Deity Micro stem to tighten up the cockpit if need be. I prefer the longer wheelbase for my type of riding style, and it's more forgiving for my slightly older self while in races for slightly older people

Thank you!! You mind sharing how tall you're?

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 18:22 Quote
because of how the suspension is you sit more in the bike and so it doesn't feel as big as the numbers suggest

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 19:20 Quote
6’1” and ride a large. Works makes a +/- 6mm headset and I fairly certain the +/- 10mm headsets from commencal fit the 29er. With that adjustability you could probably make either size work for you. If it were me I’d probably size up and Install a -10mm headset.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 21:39 Quote
bthomson84 wrote:
because of how the suspension is you sit more in the bike and so it doesn't feel as big as the numbers suggest

The large honestly doesn't feel large at all

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010214
Mobile Version of Website