Problem solvers

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Problem solvers
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
Hi all, I've just swapped over from sram guide r Brakes to zee, my shifter was direct mounted to the the old brakes, so I purchased an adaptor from problem solvers, problem now is my shifter is so far away from hand position for the brake lever I can't reach it as well, currently my options are to call it a day and buy a normal clamp or buy another adaptor that goes the opposite direction, has anyone come across this issue, any help greatly appreciated
Thanks

Problem solvers
Problem solvers

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
Your shifter will have 2 mounting holes. It looks like you are mounted in the outboard one. Unthread the shift pod from the problem solver......there will be 2 holes, 1 filled with a torx head plug........swap the plug and put it back together. That should sort this out for you.

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
Will the Problem Solvers mount install backwards?

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
I might be misconstruing what I see, but it looks like you can loosen the allen bolt just above the ps logo in your picture and slide the whole shifter assembly 10mm to the right, then re-tighten.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
JonRides wrote:
Your shifter will have 2 mounting holes. It looks like you are mounted in the outboard one. Unthread the shift pod from the problem solver......there will be 2 holes, 1 filled with a torx head plug........swap the plug and put it back together. That should sort this out for you.

Thanks I’ll give this a try

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
Will1848 wrote:
Will the Problem Solvers mount install backwards?

No unfortunately not they sell one for the left and one for the right, I might try a few things if they don’t work I’ll abevto but another one to mount it to the right more

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 16:26 Quote
Falcon991 wrote:
I might be misconstruing what I see, but it looks like you can loosen the allen bolt just above the ps logo in your picture and slide the whole shifter assembly 10mm to the right, then re-tighten.

The shifter is as far to right as it can go on the adaptor, thanks though

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012445
Mobile Version of Website