Whistler in July

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Whistler in July
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get some local knowledge or historical data for a trip i'm planning. I want to head up to Squamish the week of 30-June through 6-July. My plan is to ride the squamish trails, heli drop on rainbow mtn, Lord of the Squirrels, Dark Crystal on Blackcomb and some trails off TOTW. Maybe head up to Pemby if we're feeling up to it and of course the bike park. My question is on the trail conditions and snow melt. Are the trails i've mentioned above generally open that time of year? i know it all depends on snow fall and snow melt, so i'm just wondering if people have ridden those areas in early july in the past?

thanks in advance

jeff

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
JHollowell wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get some local knowledge or historical data for a trip i'm planning. I want to head up to Squamish the week of 30-June through 6-July. My plan is to ride the squamish trails, heli drop on rainbow mtn, Lord of the Squirrels, Dark Crystal on Blackcomb and some trails off TOTW. Maybe head up to Pemby if we're feeling up to it and of course the bike park. My question is on the trail conditions and snow melt. Are the trails i've mentioned above generally open that time of year? i know it all depends on snow fall and snow melt, so i'm just wondering if people have ridden those areas in early july in the past?

thanks in advance

jeff

Rainbow and LOTS is near 0% chance at that time of year, especially with a decent snowpack/cold winter like this season. Earliest you might see those trails is LOTS mid July and Rainbow a couple weeks later (higher elevation) but I wouldn't bet on it, could be into August.

Dark Crystal opened July 1 last year but got absolutely shit kicked by people riding it too early and in the wet, many sections are ribcages of eroded roots now. Not sure what the builder/WORCA will do this summer, it's through some swampy/muddy areas. It will probably be open when you are planning.

TOTW is usually open mid July, it was July 14 last summer. Might be a week or two earlier if it's warm.

If you really want to ride all those trails I would push your dates back to end of July/first week August to guarantee they will be open.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
Thanks man! That’s kind of what i was expecting

Cheers

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
You listed basically the only trails that won't be good to go, 99.9% of the riding will be good to go. But if you have your heart set on those wait til August or early September

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008896
Mobile Version of Website