Sram code RSC or Magura MT7

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Sram code RSC or Magura MT7
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
Just get rsc levers it is much cheaper and much stronger then magura's

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
If you get Magura MT7s, they will exercise your levels of patience while setting them up. I'm a damn good mechanic and I couldn't get these to work properly whatsoever. The pistons won't retract fully so there is constant drag on the rotor. I bled them 4-5 times each and no luck. Very little pad clearance and super finicky to set up. My buddy who owns a shop said the same thing, they are a bitch to adjust perfectly. I threw my Saints back on and no problems. You shouldn't have to go through this much bullshit to get them working correctly. For now they sit in a box till maybe I build a second bike but for now, they can eat my ass.

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 21:36 Quote
dimetera413 wrote:
If you get Magura MT7s, they will exercise your levels of patience while setting them up. I'm a damn good mechanic and I couldn't get these to work properly whatsoever. The pistons won't retract fully so there is constant drag on the rotor. I bled them 4-5 times each and no luck. Very little pad clearance and super finicky to set up. My buddy who owns a shop said the same thing, they are a bitch to adjust perfectly. I threw my Saints back on and no problems. You shouldn't have to go through this much bullshit to get them working correctly. For now they sit in a box till maybe I build a second bike but for now, they can eat my ass.

eat my ass. you probably shat on the pistons or didn't set them up right. they don't need tinkering with pistons, just adjust the levers. I don't know how you could mess up Magura brakes.

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 23:22 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
dimetera413 wrote:

eat my ass. you probably shat on the pistons or didn't set them up right. they don't need tinkering with pistons, just adjust the levers. I don't know how you could mess up Magura brakes.

You know, to many people choose to become bike mechancis' because it sounds easy, if you can't set up a brake properly you are incompetend the least!

Maguras are the best brakes I've tried
Except the fidly plasticky lever that can be changed after it breaks Razz

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
dimetera413 wrote:

Are you the owner of Magura? You sure are defensive over a set of brakes. That's my opinion on them and if you don't like it then sorry, baby.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 11:35 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
dimetera413 wrote:

You know, to many people choose to become bike mechancis' because it sounds easy, if you can't set up a brake properly you are incompetend the least!

Maguras are the best brakes I've tried
Except the fidly plasticky lever that can be changed after it breaks Razz

That's my experience with them. Magura had a problem with pistons sticking and you can ask them if you don't think so. Ive never had a problem setting up brakes in 10 years of working on bikes. You're probably the kind of guy who brings his bike to the shop to replace a chain when it breaks. You "incompetent" nerd.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
Yeap, you nailed it!

Sticky pistons!

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 23:08 Quote
Forget the both of them and get yourself a set of TRP Quadiems. Cheaper, better made and feel unreal. (Thought I loved my MT7's until I got a set of these). They take Shimano pads too so easy to source spare's if you need.

Posted: Feb 27, 2019 at 2:05 Quote
run magura mt5's and could not be happier as they have not let me down yet, so I'm sure the MT7's would be just as good.

Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 18:19 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
dimetera413 wrote:

I’m picturing a kind of Brake/Human Centipede here.

::Opens door, enters room looks up::

Magura’s (( Dime (( Thunder

“I’ll uhh just show myself out...”

Ass eating, ass eating everywhere...

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 10:42 Quote
I have codes on one of my bikes and Magura mt5 on other.
The magura def have more stopping power. The code stock rotors over heat easily, had to replace in less then 1k miles.
I had a problem last year with my magura brakes at mammoth Kami, magura replaced, pads, hanger and rotor for free. Swapped everything out between stages got me back on intime to make stage times.
A+ support for Magura.

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 12:12 Quote
I had Magura MT1893’s, basically polished mt7’s with the nice HC3 levers. Great power, modulation, and just lever feel. That HC3 lever is money. But, like others said, I could not get it to rub without a slight rub on the Magura rotors. I had my caliper mounting surfaces faced and used Magura spacers, just couldn’t get it completely silent. Or, I’d get it silent on the stand and after each ride I’d get a .0001mm warp and it’d run slightly again. Drove me nuts.
I use Hayes Dominions. It’s like if SRAM and Shimano made a brake that’s what it’d be. Saint power with Guide Ultimate modulation.
But, if you’re stuck on the MT7 or Code, I’d say Code RSC. More availability of parts, better bleed method, and will never rub (within reason). Another thing, the quad pads on the mt7 get expensive.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 2:41 Quote
MT7:
• tremendous power + modulation + reliability
• light
• lever doesn't feel premium
• ultimate race brake for gravity riders
• really nice rotors, thicker too
• premium price

Code RSC:
• class-leading modulation
• heavier than MT7 but more sturdy lever
• lever is better than the Magura but the caliper isn't as powerful or precise
• easy to do your own maintenance
• SRAM rotors warp more easily
• not cheap but still cheaper than the MT7

If you plan on racing a lot and is the type of rider who does a lot of late braking, then the MT7 is for you. Also, if you're over 200 lbs, this is definitely the better choice.

If you don't race often and do your own wrenching, get the Codes. If you're under 190 lbs, this one has all the power you need.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016457
Mobile Version of Website