Sram code RSC or Magura MT7

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Sram code RSC or Magura MT7
O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
Aside from having the cool Loic Bruni factor and being 3D printed aluminum, they have a better feel and to me at least a more linear pull vs the stock levers. I prefer my braking to happen with the levers fairly out from the handlebar, not at a point where the lever is almost touching the bar.

As far as the sticky piston issue goes, I've call Magura twice on this issue. First call was useless as the person kept on blaming it on other things besides a sticky piston, he said it was the pads being worn out, then I told him it happened with brand new Magura pads, then he said my frame needed to have the brake bosses machined surfaced, as even a couple thousands off can throw magura brakes off. Not to brag but I ride a Nicolai, which are known to be an industry leader on things like tolerances.

Second call was much more useful, I spoke to a rep named Kathy who gave me a 30% discount code to purchase a new caliper since I lost my receipt from my local bike shop where I bought the brakes and they are no longer local to me.

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 14:49 Quote
dytrdr6 wrote:
Aside from having the cool Loic Bruni factor and being 3D printed aluminum, they have a better feel and to me at least a more linear pull vs the stock levers. I prefer my braking to happen with the levers fairly out from the handlebar, not at a point where the lever is almost touching the bar.

As far as the sticky piston issue goes, I've call Magura twice on this issue. First call was useless as the person kept on blaming it on other things besides a sticky piston, he said it was the pads being worn out, then I told him it happened with brand new Magura pads, then he said my frame needed to have the brake bosses machined surfaced, as even a couple thousands off can throw magura brakes off. Not to brag but I ride a Nicolai, which are known to be an industry leader on things like tolerances.

Second call was much more useful, I spoke to a rep named Kathy who gave me a 30% discount code to purchase a new caliper since I lost my receipt from my local bike shop where I bought the brakes and they are no longer local to me.

Did Kathy not explain to you why this was happening or how to mitigate this issue?

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
Kathy believes it’s from dust getting into the seals and making the pistons sticky, not to the point where they leak oil, but just enough to not allow them to retract fully. Unfortunately they don’t offer seal replacements under the guise of liability issues or at least offer a rebuild service. Seems like a waste since this is mountain biking after all and during an enduro race weekend, nobody has time to clean pistons all weekend long.

It’s a wear item and should be available for replacement.

Posted: Dec 23, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
dytrdr6 wrote:
Kathy believes it’s from dust getting into the seals and making the pistons sticky, not to the point where they leak oil, but just enough to not allow them to retract fully. Unfortunately they don’t offer seal replacements under the guise of liability issues or at least offer a rebuild service. Seems like a waste since this is mountain biking after all and during an enduro race weekend, nobody has time to clean pistons all weekend long.

It’s a wear item and should be available for replacement.

Yea it pisses me off when companies don't provide spare parts for aftermarket purchase. Instead they either warranty it or your SOL and have to buy a whole new caliper. Either way they expect you to just throw away your current product. Wasteful and unnecessary

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021832
Mobile Version of Website