New rim suggestions

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
New rim suggestions
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 19:04 Quote
Well, it didn't take long for me to wipe out the rear rim on my '19 P3. I have a Hope Pro 4 SS hub that I'll be lacing up. I'm thinking of going with a Spank Spoon 32 rim, but I'm open to suggestions from a similar price point. Any thoughts?

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 21:24 Quote
Sunringle inferno 29 is slightly less expensive, quite a bit lighter and reasonably strong.
If your willing to spend a bit more you cant go wrong with a DT Swiss EX471, nice and strong and much lighter.

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 6:39 Quote
shami wrote:
Sunringle inferno 29 is slightly less expensive, quite a bit lighter and reasonably strong.
If your willing to spend a bit more you cant go wrong with a DT Swiss EX471, nice and strong and much lighter.

I appreciate the suggestions and will look further into those options.

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
I rock the spoons on my jump bike and they're great, I'd cosign those. Plenty of good stuff out there too.

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 17:06 Quote
impoppawheelie wrote:
I rock the spoons on my jump bike and they're great, I'd cosign those. Plenty of good stuff out there too.

Muchas gracias. I actually decided to go with the spoon 32 and should have it installed by Thursday. I'm looking forward to the upgrade!

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 22:26 Quote
FWIW the less expensive rims from both Spank and NS have a pinned joint. I've always had better luck with welded rims which also usually have a better strength to weight ratio. Not a real big deal as long as you maintain decent spoke tension, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
Halos are the best of the best

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010005
Mobile Version of Website