L.A. Area - Franklins Canyon - Trail Restoration Project

PB Forum :: Trail Building
L.A. Area - Franklins Canyon - Trail Restoration Project
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 17:03 Quote
Looking for other like minded Angelinos to help with a trail restoration.

There was this short .5 mile trail called "Berman" that has been ghosted by time and nature that I want to restore into a sweet little fun section of downhill flowiness. I plan to use the existing trail almost entirely with the exception of a few sections that will need to be modified for better flowage. It can be linked with other short trails to form a longer loop.

The hope is to have a quality section that adds a little fun to an otherwise boring ride around Franklin Canyon Park and Betty Dearing Trail. I don't want to draw too much attention to it so maybe the entry and exit points will be left a little rough around the edges.

I've contacted the park about the trail to ask if they planned to restore it but haven't heard back...figured better to ask for forgiveness than permission at this point and just take it on myself...but I want to share the love and need the man power. (or woman power!) No experience needed...just bring your tools and can do attitude.

Incidentally, if you ever happen to google earth the area around Franklin's Canyon, you will note the single track potential for a u shaped bench trail that goes around the perimeter of the canyon. I've already tracked it out on a map following the topo lines...weaving in and out with the contours of the canyon...maybe someday with the legal stuff done and full support of the community...which could take decades...that might happen.

Until then, let's rejuvenate an existing single track trail in an otherwise boring canyon! Please let me know if you are interested by replying directly on my profile page.

Thanks and see you out there!
Timo

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016339
Mobile Version of Website