Stationary wheelie

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Stationary wheelie
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
I have the normal wheelie mastered. no problem with that. I've noticed that a main trick in trials is to pedal once, and then hit the brakes, stopping in a wheelie postition stationary. I've always had trouble with this. Any tips?

Thanks,

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
Everything you could ever want to know: http://www.trashzen.com/lifting-the-front-wheel.php

Posted: Feb 27, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
bikerjunkie wrote:
I have the normal wheelie mastered. no problem with that. I've noticed that a main trick in trials is to pedal once, and then hit the brakes, stopping in a wheelie postition stationary. I've always had trouble with this. Any tips?

Thanks,

There are many way to do that. But first, you have to master the track stand, and before going with the pedal kick, I suggest you start by locking your rear brake and doing a simple weight transfer, to gain confidence and find your balance point (and for not skipping the steps). If you can pratice with a heavy big bike, or a full suspension, it's way more easy after that with a trial, street or dirt jump bike. I made this video just to show you. That's a 30 pounds fatbike converted into 27.5+ with 455mm chainstay (now I can back wheel hop the shit out of any bike !!)

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 10:45 Quote
Thanks for the info. I already have the track stand mastered, so transitioning to the stationary wheelie shouldn't be too hard. thanks for the movie, that should realy help.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 23:40 Quote
look for a video called dirty tricks and cunning stunts, also bi-king. They are old skool instructional vids, maybe 20 years old by the two best riders in the uk at the time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OXEg4vy8CE0

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
bikerjunkie wrote:
Thanks for the info. I already have the track stand mastered, so transitioning to the stationary wheelie shouldn't be too hard. thanks for the movie, that should realy help.

Still praticing with my 455mm chainstay fatbike. Whem i'm getting better with the big bike, i'm getting much much better with smaller bike!

Views: 28    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011869
Mobile Version of Website