Pivot Phoenix or YT Tues?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Pivot Phoenix or YT Tues?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 18:51 Quote
Both are similarly priced right now. I’m looking to get my 1st dh bike since my 2013 Glory. I’m leaning towards the Pivot thinking that quality will be better. I like the looks of the YT more. I’ll just be Park ratting, no racing. I’m 6’1”-6’2” 190 lbs. looking at size XL in both.

Any input?

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 18:57 Quote
I have read a few places that the Phoenix is a noisy bike, however I don't know if the YT is not noisy. Thats fixable. The latest vital mtb DH reviews rated the Phoenix the best park bike out of the ones they tested. Not as racey, but obviously still as fast as anyone needs. The YT should be balanced well between a racey bike and a park bike.

Do you want a racier bike (YT), or a more nimble and more efficient pedaling bike (Pivot) for all dh trails at the bike park, not just the steep and gnarly stuff but the flowy and flatter stuff too. That being said, if you are used to a DH bike, the YT should still be fairly nimble.

I would buy the Phoenix if I were you. Not that the YT is bad quality, it's just that Pivots are top quality IMO, up there with Santa Cruz. Pheonix is different and unique, whereas a lot of people will have the YT (at least here in California they will)

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
Thanks for the feedback. Way better warranty on the Pivot. Funny that the Kazimer PB review panned it as not a good park bike and the Vital review said it's an awesome park bike. Now I'm struggling with size. My trail bike is a Yeti SB 130 with a 480 reach. The L Phoenix is 454 and XL is 482 reach. Pivot suggests large for me. If I got YT I'd probably get the XL since it's a nice 474 reach, which seems right.

I'm thinking I'd want a more nimble and efficient bike than a more race oriented bike.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
pdxkid wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Way better warranty on the Pivot. Funny that the Kazimer PB review panned it as not a good park bike and the Vital review said it's an awesome park bike. Now I'm struggling with size. My trail bike is a Yeti SB 130 with a 480 reach. The L Phoenix is 454 and XL is 482 reach. Pivot suggests large for me. If I got YT I'd probably get the XL since it's a nice 474 reach, which seems right.

I'm thinking I'd want a more nimble and efficient bike than a more race oriented bike.

Curious if you ever bought the Phoenix in large or XL? If so, how has it treated you?

Cheers!

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 2:29 Quote
Pivot is sicker. I had that reach probem for me too. On my enduro bike the 480mm reach worked ok and ony felt sort of long. But on my phoenix 27.5 it felt more noticeable. It was great for ging fast and pulling myself forward hopping over stuff but felt harder to do wheelies and manuals.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 21:02 Quote
I got a phoenix 27.5 is small I'm just about 5'8" and was worry about being to small but it's perfect especially for jump lines got the adjustable headset so at 63.25 ha and it's perfect super light and playful but hold is own pn chinky tech stuff.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006029
Mobile Version of Website