2019 Marin Alpine Trail 8

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
2019 Marin Alpine Trail 8
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
I stumbled across this longish travel 29er recently and noticed a handful of positive first ride reviews across the bikerwebs. So.....

Is this the sleeper hit of the year?
Who the hell has ridden one?
How does it do as a single bike quiver? (does it climb well enough)
Is the aluminum frame offensively heavy (e.g. kona/transition) or just normal?

For $3700 it's priced very well (imo) and on paper the leverage rate looks lovely. Some highlights:

-full alu 29er 150r/160f
-modern geo tho lacking an en vogue reduced offset fork
-fox performance suspension (dpx2 & 36)
-thank you for speccing a GX cassette instead of going full NX (much lighter)
-deity cockpit (thanks again)
-TRP trail brakes
-KS Lev

Not too concerned about wheels/tires as I'm taking my custom wheelset with me to the next bike.

Posted: Feb 27, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
I have about 100 miles on the Rift Zone 3 since the new year. I was debating between the Rift Zone and the alpine trail and ended up going with the Rift Zone w/ 140mm fork. I've been really impressed with the Rift Zone so far and may still pick up an alpine trail down the road. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to get the alpine trail. My next upgrade will be a nicer set of wheels, maybe carbon, we'll see.

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 10:35 Quote
I ordered the Alpine Trail 8 to replace the Attack Trail 8 2018 I had last year. I am looking for a better climbing bike but is still super capable descending. The bike has not arrived yet so no feed back but I am looking forward to seeing if this is the sleeper bike that you are talking about. I am concerned about the brakes not being powerful enough for a heavier (185lbs) aggressive rider. Also hoping the tires will hold up. When the bike arrives, I will share my thoughts.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018192
Mobile Version of Website