Warphen Bicycles

• Previous Page
Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 13:38 Quote
Hello all!
I just came across an Instagram posting on Warphen Bicycles. They look like a yeti without the switch infinity. Just wondering if anyone has ridden one? Or your thoughts on them? I can't find a lot of information on Warphen Bicycles.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
they look like a fairly new company, and as far as I can tell they only make one bike, looks interesting.

Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 15:42 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
they look like a fairly new company, and as far as I can tell they only make one bike, looks interesting.

Yeah fairly new out of California. At $2500 for a frame I thought they would be marketed a bit more. I like the clean lines of the bike, looks real sweet!

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 4:12 Quote
That's a good looking bike!

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
I know Warphen, the business owner. I've ridden with him a couple times before he got his business off. He used to go thru bikes like crazy trying to pick apart what he liked or didn't like. He said he wanted to make a frame that borrowed from today's popular designs, but improve on that.

I haven't seen him in a year or so. And it's crazy to see that his brand is actually out. I haven't tried the bike out but mutual friends of ours who have said it climbs and descends well, but also the frame is sized a lot smaller than it is. So since I'm a M in most brands, I'd have to get a S...

Knowing Warphen, I'd imagine this to be a trustworthy product. But as with anything else, I'd wait to see more reviews. But this company is literally built from the ground up from a fellow MTB rider, not some big money investors.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 21:39 Quote
p00kienrayray wrote:
I know Warphen, the business owner. I've ridden with him a couple times before he got his business off. He used to go thru bikes like crazy trying to pick apart what he liked or didn't like. He said he wanted to make a frame that borrowed from today's popular designs, but improve on that.

I haven't seen him in a year or so. And it's crazy to see that his brand is actually out. I haven't tried the bike out but mutual friends of ours who have said it climbs and descends well, but also the frame is sized a lot smaller than it is. So since I'm a M in most brands, I'd have to get a S...

Knowing Warphen, I'd imagine this to be a trustworthy product. But as with anything else, I'd wait to see more reviews. But this company is literally built from the ground up from a fellow MTB rider, not some big money investors.

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I'm pumped to hear that the guy behind Warphen is a crusher. It's the best when they want to make a bike knowing exactly what they want out of it. And I saw that Mountain Bike Action has one, so I'm waiting to see their review on it.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 0:03 Quote
Hopefully he does great with this model and puts out a 29er next.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
[Quote="desertratdan"]Hello all!
I just came across an Instagram posting on Warphen Bicycles. They look like a yeti without the switch infinity. Just wondering if anyone has ridden one? Or your thoughts on them? I can't find a lot of information on Warphen Bicycles.[/Quote
I had a talk with the owner and couple of weeks ago. Builds seem pretty nice but I can't get a clear answer on the geo (size small is the only available geo on their website). I'm pretty sure builds start at 4000 with dvo Beryl and topaz shock.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 10:41 Quote
i think they look quite good. nice and sleek

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
i think they look quite good. nice and sleek

Exactly, one of the best looking bikes in my opinion.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 15:55 Quote
I know Frenchy, the head of the company. I ordered a frame from him yesterday and should have it built up later this month when I get home from this work trip. The simplicity and sleek lines are why I am choosing to run this frame. I am switching from a 2018 Firebird. More posts to follow once I get it built up!

photo

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 22:44 Quote
clayxbmx wrote:
I know Frenchy, the head of the company. I ordered a frame from him yesterday and should have it built up later this month when I get home from this work trip. The simplicity and sleek lines are why I am choosing to run this frame. I am switching from a 2018 Firebird. More posts to follow once I get it built up!

photo

Sweet! Im looking forward to seeing what you put together. I like them for the same reasons, just gotta find some extra cheddar now!

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
I met warphen's brother yesterday. I sat on the blue medium frame and gave it a whirl around the trailhead. My first impressions were that the medium fit me kinda small, in contrast to what I heard that the medium fits large. The cockpit feels more snug (but not cramped) vs other mediums. I'm 5'8" with 32 inseam.

I cant really comment on the ride, but I'll say this: the quality and finish off the frame looks great! The turquoise blue is more blue and vibrant than Yeti's turquoise, which to me looks more like baby blue. My only gripes is the brand graphics looks pretty generic.

Let us know how it works out for you. It's awesome to see warphen's brand developing like this.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 7:48 Quote
No Waterbottle cage... Same as the Yeti Sb series. May be a dumb reason to not buy a bike but that is exactly why I didn't buy an Sb5.5 last year when I was looking at a new bike.
Aside from that , the bikes look nice.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
Three6ty wrote:
No Waterbottle cage... Same as the Yeti Sb series. May be a dumb reason to not buy a bike but that is exactly why I didn't buy an Sb5.5 last year when I was looking at a new bike.
Aside from that , the bikes look nice.

Good point, I always ride with a pack so I didn't even look for bottle cage mounting.
The beauty of buying a new mountain bike these days is you can be picky and have certain reasons to buy one high end bike over another.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010716
Mobile Version of Website