Trail Building Videos

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Trail Building Videos
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 4:59 Quote
Just wanted drop a few videos that I thought were pretty cool as far as trail building videos goes. Some of them are mine and some of them are others that I've found from going through loads of them for my own satisfaction, but several stood out and I figured Id post em here. Anybody else got any cool trail building videos?

Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
Hey man, saw your youtube videos! They give me a lot of inspiration as I start to build my own trails. I'm worried about measuring the grade and all that 10% or less stuff, as well as drainage.

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 3:52 Quote
Views: 24    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Views: 25    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

We are currently building a new legal trail and filming bits of thst process. a big edit will follow soon.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
Hello everyone. I am trying to find a good video of how to bench a trail and construct the tread. From the very limited number of videos I've found, it seems as though benching is much more of a scraping motion, rather than digging. Is that true?

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 2:36 Quote
pretty much yes. but it depends on the soil. we have a very rocky/rooty soil so trying to dig with a shovel or spade is useless. wie usualy work in teams of 3 like seen in the video above. one clearing the path of leaves and other debrie. the second using a mattock or pick axe to loosen up the soil and a third one following with a rake or mcleod to smooth and shape the bench.

the width of the bench is also important as it dictates how deep we actually dig and how much soil needs to be moved.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 5:39 Quote
I tried using my mcleod but think its too heavy for all day use, especially benching. Just been working by myself so swinging that big tools is alot. I'm looking to by a rogue hoe 55h for something more small and more nimble.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
i have been building my own tools for a while now and most of the time the mcleod is used for clearing and leveling but not for the actually digging. for that something with a bit narrower blade, more weight and a oval handle like a pickaxe with a broadside is better suited.

the thing with allday use... its all about how tough you are Wink no actually its more about paceing yourself, eating well and satying hydrated.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
I am thinking of something smaller like this Rogue 55h. I don't have the tools to make more tools (haha).

https://roguehoe.com/product/55h/

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 5:04 Quote
those rogue hoes are some of the best things out there. only problem is i cant get them in Germany.

That 55h looks mint. The double tools have the advantage taht you have to change tools less frequently and when you hike/bike in its less weight as they double as an axe.

in the end if you can get your hands on the rogue hoes get them !

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021531
Mobile Version of Website