2019 remedy 8 vs 9.7

PB Forum :: Trek
2019 remedy 8 vs 9.7
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
I’ll be having my new bike ordered in a week, and decided on the 2019 remedy. Currently have an 09 remedy that is beat to hell, and an 09 session 88. Trying to decide between the 8, and the 9.7. Only a $200 difference between the two and looks like it would be carbon frame vs alloy with better shifters. Gx as opposed to nx. I’m small and only weigh 110 pounds so not sure if the carbon would be too stiff for me. The amount of cracked carbon frames seen in the internet also has me a a little concerned. Both look like solid builds though. Any opinions on the 8 vs 9.7? Thanks!

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
Remedy 8 all day long.

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 15:43 Quote
I had the same issue when ordering my bike.
All I have to say is that I do not regret going for the Remedy 8.
I asked my lbs mechanic about which one will be a better value and told me to go for the Remedy 8, because the new frame design is just very stiff, the change to carbon would be a unnoticeable difference. He told me to use the spare cash to buy a nice set of pedals though, upgrade the saddle or put some comfortable grips.

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 19:59 Quote
I ended up getting a Rocky Mountain instinct instead. Got a few rides in already on it and I absolutely loved it. The geo is extremely close to my 2009 trek session but with a much steeper seat tube angle. Crazy how much trail bikes have progressed!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010673
Mobile Version of Website