Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 6:36 Quote
DrewFondaw111 wrote:
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
DrewFondaw111 wrote:

thanks! that really helped! i think ive decided to go with a all black frame and silver rear triangle. ill just get black marzocchi fork and get silver decals.

Why do I feel like I should be offended? lol

Lol you shouldn't it helped me see that most of the colors i thought would go good together actually wouldnt!
forgot to say how sick your bike is!

Thanks.

And if there's a color combo you like don't let an algorithm stop you. The world needs more wild colored bikes!

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
So moving on from color, how is the quality of Marino? Should i just spend that money on a nice hard tail or what? Im worried that for the price it might be cheaply welded. Theres got to be a reason its so cheap right?

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
Mine is fine. Attention to detail isn’t great. The swing arm interferes with the chain guide. Tubing was overheated on one side during welding so I have a slight twist in my headtube. I had to replace shock hardware. I had some extra gussets welded because I’m riding at nearly 230. No deal breakers. It’s certainly nice enough to justify the price. I think if you have reservations a hardtail is always a solid buy. There are a huge selection at a reasonable price. I was a big fan of my pipedream moxie. I only sold because I’ve reached the experience (age) that I don’t recover as quickly from a hardtail ride anymore.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 7:50 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
Mine is fine. Attention to detail isn’t great. The swing arm interferes with the chain guide. Tubing was overheated on one side during welding so I have a slight twist in my headtube. I had to replace shock hardware. I had some extra gussets welded because I’m riding at nearly 230. No deal breakers. It’s certainly nice enough to justify the price. I think if you have reservations a hardtail is always a solid buy. There are a huge selection at a reasonable price. I was a big fan of my pipedream moxie. I only sold because I’ve reached the experience (age) that I don’t recover as quickly from a hardtail ride anymore.

Thanks for your comment. I think i may go with a Pipedream Full Moxie. More expensive but i know what im getting.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 8:02 Quote
TimMog wrote:
Here's mine, pre coil fork conversion.

Whats this bike?

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 8:17 Quote
DrewFondaw111 wrote:
gotohe11carolina wrote:

Thanks for your comment. I think i may go with a Pipedream Full Moxie. More expensive but i know what im getting.
It’a great choice. It’s what I based my marinos geo on. Pipedream were great to deal with and very transparent on timeline. I have nothing but glowing things to say about my pipedream ownership.
The only real question is, are you awesome enough to rock pink, cuz it looks damn good.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
Yeah the pink looks amazing! Im also looking at the stanton switchback but im confused on the price. When it says no alloy rear end what does that mean? the price seems to good to be true at only 1008 pounds.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 9:01 Quote
DrewFondaw111 wrote:
Yeah the pink looks amazing! Im also looking at the stanton switchback but im confused on the price. When it says no alloy rear end what does that mean? the price seems to good to be true at only 1008 pounds.

I think it really means no rear end.
not entirely useful.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 9:05 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
DrewFondaw111 wrote:

I think it really means no rear end.
not entirely useful.

why would they sell that then? i think it means a full steel frame

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 9:21 Quote
Stanton only does an alloy rear end as far as I know. I would definitely email before buying.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 9:36 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
Stanton only does an alloy rear end as far as I know. I would definitely email before buying.

yep already did. Now im looking at Ferrum. Man i just cant catch a break

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 11:41 Quote
I've heard a range of opinions amd experiences with Ferrum's leverage curve. You could check out Cotic, too. Now's a pretty good time to buy a bike from the UK. The pound was at $1.45 when I bought my Starling, it's down to $1.18 now. I would have saved $500 if I had waited until now to order (not that I had any idea that's the direction the exchamge would move). Plus a lot of British companies include VAT in their list price, so that's often 20% you get to knock off the price right off the bat.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 13:18 Quote
Damn 1.18$! Might be time to visit the UK.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:

Please visit, we desperately need your tourist $$$.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 14:31 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:

Definitely a good time to visit the UK or anywhere in Europe for Americans. Dollar riding high right now

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010610
Mobile Version of Website