Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
I know it’s been put on the aggro ht thread but if anyone’s interested Marino are now selling sick frames off that haven’t been paid for. Could be a bargain! Check his insta page or Facebook for more...

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
I know it’s been put on the aggro ht thread but if anyone’s interested Marino are now selling sick frames off that haven’t been paid for. Could be a bargain! Check his insta page or Facebook for more...

yeah saw that, already sent a message, i will probably blast the sick logo off cuz i dont want anything to do with them

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
Apparently Marino air brushes the sick logo on so shouldn’t take much to shift. Though blasting would be satisfying.....

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
Nothing like getting kicked while you are down. Hope the Sick guys can pull it around I want to see them succeed.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
Poor little guy was only a couple days old and he had to go back in for surgery.

Double chainstay transplant. I screwed up on the amount of clearance for the drive side crank. I really should have built it up for a test ride before I painted it.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
Bummer. They aren't those carbon cranks I've heard about that are thicker than normal are they?

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Nothing like getting kicked while you are down. Hope the Sick guys can pull it around I want to see them succeed.

Same here... which certainly seems to be the minority

Shame about the paint but I think it looks even more baddass now

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:24 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
they should not succeed, they are bad people.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:34 Quote
metaam wrote:
Bummer. They aren't those carbon cranks I've heard about that are thicker than normal are they?

Nope. Just noob builder mistakes. This whole frame was a bodge, I didn't do any drawing / CAD for it and my 'eye ball it looks good' bit me in the ass on this. Live and learn.

It was raining yesterday when I finished it, need to ride it tomorrow and race it on Saturday so it won't likely get a paint fix.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
Yep, hope sick fails miserably. I mean they already have but... even more some how

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 22:30 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:

TOTALLY! I like to think they started out with good intentions but, (from some of thier other failed ventures an Internet blogs about starting a business/brand with no capital..... ) they seem no better than shady used car salesman. They believed thier own hype an played the social media game which came back to bite them in the ass.
They owe a lot of people a lot of £$€

The bike industry is shady enough without these guys

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 22:40 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
feathers54 wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:

TOTALLY! I like to think they started out with good intentions but, (from some of thier other failed ventures an Internet blogs about starting a business/brand with no capital..... ) they seem no better than shady used car salesman. They believed thier own hype an played the social media game which came back to bite them in the ass.

I would say this may be a fair assessment re: sick's blunder. As I said way earlier, these guys are board-line criminal..First I hope all who are owed any monies, get it back, second these guys should not ever be in business, Ever.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 0:46 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
nojzilla wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

I would say this may be a fair assessment re: sick's blunder. As I said way earlier, these guys are board-line criminal..First I hope all who are owed any monies, get it back, second these guys should not ever be in business, Ever.
what makes you think the bike industry is shady? probably one of the tightest knit, friendly industries lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020868
Mobile Version of Website